Issues with viewing on phone

The site works without problem on various mobile devices.

The "problems" mentioned are on a different level. Sites not optimized for mobile get lousy search engine rankings today. But that is something between Groundspeak and e.g. Google, it does not affect us.

4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I can't figure out why only this waymark is displaying like this. I can't duplicate it, but every time I click on the waymark from the email notification this is what I see.

Screenshot_20211112-132915.png

That happens because the submitter formatted the HTML code incorrectly. Try and tell them to use <p> to separate paragraphs.

31 minutes ago, bluesnote said:

That happens because the submitter formatted the HTML code incorrectly. Try and tell them to use <p> to separate paragraphs.

That's a really good guess! But I don't use HTML in my waymarks. Sometimes a reviewer will try to be helpful and add it for me, but I don't see any HTML in that waymark (if it's there, I don't recognize it). But good guess!

I'm wondering if it's just a quirky phone glitch. All other waymarks look fine on my phone, and all look fine on my desktop.  I'll chalk it up to a glitch.

Edited by Max and 99
11 hours ago, bluesnote said:

That is not the problem. It would look the same with correct HTML.

The problem are too long words; and for the browser anything without spaces are words. It does not know how to break this long list of countries in capital letters, so it makes the paragraph as wide as necessary to keep it on one line and that is too wide for small screens.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, fi67 said:

That is not the problem. It would look the same with correct HTML.

The problem are too long words; and for the browser anything without spaces are words. It does not know how to break this long list of countries in capital letters, so it makes the paragraph as wide as necessary to keep it on one line and that is too wide for small screens.

I can fix that! Thanks!

Edited by Max and 99