Lighthouse Challenge Visit

My family went on a lighthouse tour around our state last week. I'm now in the process of going back and logging waymarks that we visited, and at the first lighthouse under answers to variables, I saw

LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE VISIT:
Visit any location on the Lighthouse Challenge list. You need to include a description of the light and also include a picture of the light with your GPS in the photo.

Does anybody know what this means? I don't want to not select it and regret it, but I also don't want to select it and have something go wrong

1 hour ago, pixelteer425 said:

My family went on a lighthouse tour around our state last week. I'm now in the process of going back and logging waymarks that we visited, and at the first lighthouse under answers to variables, I saw

Does anybody know what this means? I don't want to not select it and regret it, but I also don't want to select it and have something go wrong

sounds like it is part of a Challenge Cache, visit certain lighthouses. Look for nearest geocaches to that lighthouse.

Check none and continue. None of those are required for a visit.

Those are variables listed for posting a waymark (see the category description). When variables are left blank, and someone visits the waymark, sometimes they are asked if they can fill them in.

On the lighthouse category description, there are three links related. Two are dead. This is the only one still active:

https://cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/

This is just an fyi. No need to worry about any of those variables when you visit a waymark. They are only offered as a way for you to include additional information.

Edited by Max and 99
30 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Check none and continue. None of those are required for a visit.

Those are variables listed for posting a waymark (see the category description). When variables are left blank, and someone visits the waymark, sometimes they are asked if they can fill them in.

On the lighthouse category description, there are three links related. Two are dead. This is the only one still active:

https://cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/

This is just an fyi. No need to worry about any of those variables when you visit a waymark. They are only offered as a way for you to include additional information.

Okay, thank you. I know how the variable part normally works, I was just curious since the challenge one seemed designed to be checked by people visiting

2 minutes ago, pixelteer425 said:

Okay, thank you. I know how the variable part normally works, I was just curious since the challenge one seemed designed to be checked by people visiting

I had never seen that one before, and I was confused too!

That category is unfamiliar to me, as I live smack dab in the middle of the country.

Edited by Max and 99