Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
pixelteer425

Lighthouse Challenge Visit

Recommended Posts

My family went on a lighthouse tour around our state last week. I'm now in the process of going back and logging waymarks that we visited, and at the first lighthouse under answers to variables, I saw

Quote

LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE VISIT:
Visit any location on the Lighthouse Challenge list. You need to include a description of the light and also include a picture of the light with your GPS in the photo.

Does anybody know what this means? I don't want to not select it and regret it, but I also don't want to select it and have something go wrong

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pixelteer425 said:

My family went on a lighthouse tour around our state last week. I'm now in the process of going back and logging waymarks that we visited, and at the first lighthouse under answers to variables, I saw

Does anybody know what this means? I don't want to not select it and regret it, but I also don't want to select it and have something go wrong

sounds like it is part of a Challenge Cache, visit certain lighthouses. Look for nearest geocaches to that lighthouse.

Share this post


Link to post

If what you quoted is on a waymark page then it sounds to me like that is text from a locationless cache when it switched over to Waymarking. Send us a screenshot. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

If what you quoted is on a waymark page then it sounds to me like that is text from a locationless cache when it switched over to Waymarking. Send us a screenshot. 

 

waymark_snip.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Check none and continue. None of those are required for a visit.

 

Those are variables listed for posting a waymark (see the category description). When variables are left blank, and someone visits the waymark, sometimes they are asked if they can fill them in.

 

On the lighthouse category description, there are three links related. Two are dead. This is the only one still active:

https://cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/

 

This is just an fyi. No need to worry about any of those variables when you visit a waymark. They are only offered as a way for you to include additional information.

Edited by Max and 99

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Check none and continue. None of those are required for a visit.

 

Those are variables listed for posting a waymark (see the category description). When variables are left blank, and someone visits the waymark, sometimes they are asked if they can fill them in.

 

On the lighthouse category description, there are three links related. Two are dead. This is the only one still active:

https://cheslights.org/maryland-lighthouse-challenge/

 

This is just an fyi. No need to worry about any of those variables when you visit a waymark. They are only offered as a way for you to include additional information.

Okay, thank you. I know how the variable part normally works, I was just curious since the challenge one seemed designed to be checked by people visiting

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, pixelteer425 said:

Okay, thank you. I know how the variable part normally works, I was just curious since the challenge one seemed designed to be checked by people visiting

I had never seen that one before, and I was confused too!

 

That category is unfamiliar to me, as I live smack dab in the middle of the country.

Edited by Max and 99

Share this post


Link to post

It's the same with all variables, when submitters did not fill variables, when you visit the waymark you are requested to fill variables if you know answers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I had never seen that one before, and I was confused too!

 

That category is unfamiliar to me, as I live smack dab in the middle of the country.

Yea, but Oklahoma is God's Country - My grandmother told me that!  :)  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...