A Travel Bug for the departed.

brodiebunch

I have an inactivated Travel Bug in an envelope with instructions for my partner to have the TB number inscribed on my headstone when I am no longer around. 

That way I can contribute to my favorite hobby after I am no longer around. 

Has anyone else heard of this or seen this before?

6 minutes ago, brodiebunch said:

I have an inactivated Travel Bug in an envelope with instructions for my partner to have the TB number inscribed on my headstone when I am no longer around. 

That way I can contribute to my favorite hobby after I am no longer around. 

We've talked about a similar thing in the Waymarking forums. Just think of all the visitors you'll get! 

6 minutes ago, brodiebunch said:

Yep.  :)     

Curious though...  How will anyone know it's there to log it ?   It's not like someone can lug it around either...

If someone's leaving the code at events and things,  hopefully you realize that "saw this on/at..." is the closest to a eulogy many will give you.  :D

I went as far as to install a shelf in my marble bench (didn't want a headstone) for a cache container.  Just waiting for a "drawer".

The grounds has since changed their policy, so now anyone who still smokes will have an ashtray. ..

3 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Yep.  :)     

Curious though...  How will anyone know it's there to log it ?   It's not like someone can lug it around either...

If someone's leaving the code at events and things,  hopefully you realize that "saw this on/at..." is the closest to a eulogy many will give you.  :D

I went as far as to install a shelf in my marble bench (didn't want a headstone) for a cache container.  Just waiting for a "drawer".

The grounds has since changed their policy, so now anyone who still smokes will have an ashtray. ..

Good question. 

A Travel Bug page would have to be created. 

Now if virtual caches were allowed it would be much easier. 

I have to have another 25 years left in me though. 

My initial desire was already vetoed: have my body dumped in the woods to degrade naturally with a toe tag reading "he was not murdered, he died naturally" 

• Funny 2