Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
RakeInTheCache

Changes to 1000 Places to See Before You Die Category

As mentioned in another thread, waymark submissions to this category can be difficult for some officers to judge if they don't have all of the additions of the relevant books.  Therefore, I have made some changes in order to facilitate the evaluation of warkmarks.  You will find the category here.

https://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=16d23f77-8889-433d-be3a-54cc8ae7c01f&exp=True

All comments are welcome.

1 minute ago, RakeInTheCache said:

As mentioned in another thread, waymark submissions to this category can be difficult for some officers to judge if they don't have all of the additions of the relevant books.  Therefore, I have made some changes in order to facilitate the evaluation of warkmarks.  You will find the category here.

https://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=16d23f77-8889-433d-be3a-54cc8ae7c01f&exp=True

All comments are welcome.

A couple typos in this sentence, just from a quick glance:

Only indexed and subiindexed sites from the book are elligible for submission.

Your update looks good!

Looking at the second sample photograph in the category description, could L'HOTEL and HOTEL LE SAINTE-BEAUVE both be waymarks?

I think your update is clear to understand. 

But I have a question: Are local '1000 Places to see before you die' books from others countries allowed? 
I have a book from Germany, Austria and Sitzerland? Am I allowed to post waymarks out of this book?

8 hours ago, RakeInTheCache said:

Are they translated editions of the Patricia Schultz books?

No, they are independant books with 1000 places in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And I'm sure there are other country editions in other contries.

It's like the book '1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die'. But it is NOT written by Patricia Schultz.

But do they qualify as well?

On 8/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, elyob said:

Looking at the second sample photograph in the category description, could L'HOTEL and HOTEL LE SAINTE-BEAUVE both be waymarks?

On 8/3/2020 at 9:52 PM, RakeInTheCache said:

Yes they could both be waymarks.  (I have waymarked them both)

Hm.. To me, this would seem problematic. The category is for 1000 places to see before you die. That means, only the main categories from the book should be included. Sub categories (like the example in the updated description) would increase the number of waymarks in the category, greatly. A book may mention thousands of sites, but personally I believe only the "chapters" or I guess only the main categories should be included. Most of the time, these sub categories are just nearby points of interest and add to the overall site and were not intended to be 1 out of the 1000 places mentioned in the book.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, bluesnote said:

Sub categories (like the example in the updated description) would increase the number of waymarks in the category, greatly. 

The category has always allowed for this.  I didn't change that part, just added the photo requirement.

• Upvote 1

I havd just added the relatively recently published 1,000 Places to See Before You Die (Deluxe Edition): The World as You've Never Seen It Before  to the list of qualifying books in this category.

Hello.

question: if in the bool appears a coffe or hotel with the telephone or something can I introduced in a WM?

Thanks