'View who favourited' list

Deepdiggingmole

I don't know whether this has been noted /spotted but when you look at the 'View who favourited' link (one of the options on the favourites drop down)
When you get that list up there has been a change in what it shows - it used to show the list of cachers in alphabetical order - 10 per page - and you could scroll through them knowing they were in alphabetical order

Now the list still shows 10 per page as per alphabetical order, on each page of 10 it would be the 10 as if it is alphabetically sorted - so that hasnt changed but.... then each page of 10 is sorted by 'member since' making trying to search by name a little awkward.

If this doesnt seem to be explained well - a simpe example would be - the list has 260 favourites - and it so happens the first 10 names begin with 'A' - the next 10 begin with 'B' etc etc - so when you review this list the first batch of 10 will be all those beginning with 'A' - but now instead of those being truly alphabetical - ie abba, abbey, actress, adept etc etc they are sorted by when they started caching - thus altering this order (though not an issue in this example, this would be fine if there were 10 of each - but in practice this is not so and so searching isnt so straight forward.

When did his change occur ? and possibly more to the point - why?

wouldnt it be more useful if the order was actually around when the fav points were given - thus either the very first Fav pt given is on the first page or the last and the order goes from there - As a CO it makes it easier to review the latest fav point givers and certainly saves having to scroll through pages and pages each time (Yes, for me - I am referring to a cache with over 250 fav points - I understand this is not an issue if a cache has 20 fav points)  

Some might say - what does it matter - if you think that please dont comment 

I did find it odd though that the sorting per page bit,  quite odd and nonsensical - hence my query

Thanks

Tim

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
On 8/3/2020 at 10:27 PM, Max and 99 said:

Yea - tried looking for similar post and couldn't - hence my own 
However it would be useful if someone from HQ would acknowledge and take on board the query - many have suggested the list order to be around when the fav points were given - that way if you are looking for the latest to give points then searching would be simple :-)

Edited by Deepdiggingmole

Join date and how many caches one found doesn't mean squat to me.   No other information without viewing the log doesn't cut it either...

Guess I don't understand why it even had to be touched. 

I'd rather see who FP the cache last,  which should be first on the "list".

It may have been favorited a dozen times when new, but now it's a throwdown piecea carp.

The throwdowner could have FP as just playing the odds his find's kept. 

I'd like to know that without clicking on every...single...log in the list

• Upvote 1