Orlando TV story on geocaching

GrahamToGo

Hi, I'm John Graham, the morning feature reporter at WOFL/FOX 35 TV in Orlando. I'm thinking about doing a geocaching story, but I need to talk to some Central Florida folks who will call me or e-mail me and are willing to appear live on our show between 7 and 9 AM on a weekday. If you're interested, my e-mail is jgrah345@foxtv.com, and my number is (407) 741-5101.

I hope to hear from you.

John,

If you also want to talk to somebody whose head is not one of the primary colors, I'm available too. Just kidding, Blueman!

Left a voicemail.

quote:
Originally posted by GrahamToGo:

Hi, I'm John Graham, the morning feature reporter at WOFL/FOX 35 TV in Orlando. I'm thinking about doing a geocaching story, but I need to talk to some Central Florida folks who will call me or e-mail me and are willing to appear live on our show between 7 and 9 AM on a weekday. If you're interested, my e-mail is jgrah345@foxtv.com, and my number is (407) 741-5101.

I hope to hear from you.

[This message was edited by Team Hammack on January 27, 2003 at 04:19 PM.]

This morning Fox 35 broadcast our geocaching story, led by morning reporter John Graham and cameraman Goose.

Team Hammack and Blue Man assisted. We simulated a hunt for the Black Hammock Sports Cache. The show was broadcast on the Fox Morning News between 7 and 9 am. There will be a segment on it tonight on the 10:00 news, so tune in.

pubimage.asp?id_=1517431

Team photo with Blue Man and Fox team

pubimage.asp?id_=1517432

The boys in the TV truck

The pictures don't display anymore. Don't know what happened.

[This message was edited by hammack on February 06, 2003 at 07:54 PM.]

What was funny was - we were out there almost 2 hours and the story got about 2 minutes total camera time. The morning news kept covering other stories (can you believe that?) like the Columbia disaster, a factory explosion, and the American Idol show. What could be more important than geocaching?

Thanks Coronakid

quote:
Originally posted by CoronaKid:

I guess this means the sport is finally starting to hit the mainstream. Soon they'll be a cache on every block. icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame!

--CoronaKid

Freelens, I was already a star before this program! But the real stars were Team Hammack. It was fun to see the boys in action. I bet they are like bloodhounds when they get on the scent of Tupperware. And Mitchell didn't even mind getting hit in the head with the cache container! I don't know if they aired that segment.

We're already making arrangements for an appearance on Good Morning America. Call my agent.

The reporter asked Blue Man the tough technical questions, the Hammack boys were there for entertainment value I think.

A neighbor taped the show, Blue Man. Let me know if you want to borrow the tape. And no, they didn't air the cache konk on the head. They also did not air anything on the 10:00 evening news like they said they were.

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Man:

Freelens, I was already a star before this program! But the real stars were Team Hammack. It was fun to see the boys in action. I bet they are like bloodhounds when they get on the scent of Tupperware. And Mitchell didn't even mind getting hit in the head with the cache container! I don't know if they aired that segment.

We're already making arrangements for an appearance on Good Morning America. Call my agent.