WOman

I have to propose a new category, and since there are more than a thousand, I will have to justify it.
I don't see a category for women (feminism, equality, gender violence)
There are many monuments created to commemorate different events: first woman who did something, victims of macho violence. These two can fall into other categories like crime or first to do something. But the commemorations to the world day against gender violence, no.

I know that there are thousand of cathegories, but hundred and hundred... are from the USA.

13 minutes ago, Ariberna said:

I have to propose a new category, and since there are more than a thousand, I will have to justify it.
There are many monuments created to commemorate different events: first woman who did something, victims of macho violence. These two can fall into other categories like crime or first to do something. But the commemorations to the world day against gender violence, no.

I know that there are thousand of cathegories, but hundred and hundred... are from the USA.

I'm not a fan of this proposal. But I'm glad you brought it up in the forums for discussion. 

8 hours ago, Ariberna said:

Love the enthusiasm, however, the fact that there are over 1000 categories (1119 to be exact) means you really must review a lot of categories before suggesting a new one.  One of the main things we look at in peer review is whether or not the category is redundant, as in this case, it is covered the Civil Rights Memorials.  New categories are extremely hard to create as unique, and even harder to get passed through peer review.  In your original post, you answered your own question - it can go under other categories.  This makes it redundant and would not pass peer review.  

Yes, there are many strictly American categories - these were created prior to the peer review process being put into place.  Again, now with peer review, one of the things we look for is globality of the category - can the object be found world-wide?  Many of these American would not pass peer review today.  Also, Waymarking grew out of the old locationless geocache - a great many of these American categories are legacies from those very old locationless geocaches from 2005-2006.   

• Upvote 2