Souvenir Grouping and Dating

South Lyon Trekkers

43 minutes ago, South Lyon Trekkers said:

I would appreciate it if souvenirs were grouped in some way, maybe tabs. As well as the date earned being the same as the date of the cache log. Meaning, if I found a cache on June 15 and earned a souvenir in doing so, the date for the souvenir should be June 15, even if I log it on June 17.

Keep dreaming, my friend. This feature for the Geocaching website has been asked about for years. There are many many forum discussions about it. Some will give you suggestions of other programs that can do it. But not on the geocaching website. ☹️

Here you find your souvenirs in groups: https://project-gc.com/ProfileStats/South Lyon Trekkers#Souvenirs

Whis the userscript "GClh II" is it possible to sort the souvenirs.

2 hours ago, South Lyon Trekkers said:

As well as the date earned being the same as the date of the cache log. Meaning, if I found a cache on June 15 and earned a souvenir in doing so, the date for the souvenir should be June 15, even if I log it on June 17.

I would like that too

• Helpful 1

It's infuriating that souvenirs are arranged alphabetically, with no option to change the order.
I'd like to be able to sort them into date order or group order and I'd like the 'hide' function to actually work.

Would it  be so bad to make the souvenir page editable, so we can arrange the souvenirs as we wish?

2 hours ago, Freima said:

It's infuriating that souvenirs are arranged alphabetically, with no option to change the order.
I'd like to be able to sort them into date order or group order and I'd like the 'hide' function to actually work.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:12 PM, capoaira said:

Whis the userscript "GClh II" is it possible to sort the souvenirs.

https://github.com/2Abendsegler/GClh/tree/master#user-content-en

2 hours ago, Freima said:

Would it  be so bad to make the souvenir page editable, so we can arrange the souvenirs as we wish?

I think that GS never think about it and now they will not change somethink (Although it wouldn't be a difficult task)

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, RuideAlmeida said:

On the official app, they show by date...

Except this is the bugs and features forum for the web site, not for Groundspeak's apps.

And while sorting by date makes more sense than sorting alphabetically, it would still be nice to be able to group souvenirs by type: countries, states/provinces, events, promotions, etc.

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

I would like to be able to delete souvenirs I don't want, and arrange those I wish to keep. Just being able to delete would be a good start.

Agreed. 

Especially after we learned a while ago that HQ will no longer delete  unwanted souvenirs, only souvenirs that were awarded in error. 

Well, I feel if I received any souvenirs without actively searching for them  , that should be classified as  "in error".  :) 

- Otherwise we'd have to repeat similar to that 31 day in August thing, where it kept us from caching a month...