How to embed youtube videos in the forum posts?

SamLowrey

25 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

So you don't think it has anything to do with the video settings?

The video isn't private or unlisted, I don't think.  I seem to recall there was some setting in youtube that could prevent it from being embedded.  I would see it in forums like this.  It would show the thumbnail but when I went to play it the message would be something about embedding being disabled for the video.  Perhaps it is a deprecated setting and using the other URL format circumvents it? 

23 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

The video isn't private or unlisted, I don't think.  I seem to recall there was some setting in youtube that could prevent it from being embedded.  I would see it in forums like this.  It would show the thumbnail but when I went to play it the message would be something about embedding being disabled for the video.  Perhaps it is a deprecated setting and using the other URL format circumvents it? 

I trust you on that. I know nothing about it. ?

I think I figured it out, btw.  It happened with the other format so I knew what was going on.  I would paste the link and then hit post.  It just posted the URL.  I went back and put the cursor at the end of the url and hit "Enter" but it still didn't work.  I deleted the post, then pasted the same URL and then hit "Enter" and let the system embed the video and THEN hit "Submit Reply."  I wasn't giving the system the time to do its thing, I guess.

• Helpful 2
3 minutes ago, SamLowrey said:

I think I figured it out, btw.  It happened with the other format so I knew what was going on.  I would paste the link and then hit post.  It just posted the URL.  I went back and put the cursor at the end of the url and hit "Enter" but it still didn't work.  I deleted the post, then pasted the same URL and then hit "Enter" and let the system embed the video and THEN hit "Submit Reply."  I wasn't giving the system the time to do its thing, I guess.

when I post a URL it does take a few seconds so your explanation makes perfect sense to me!

• Upvote 1