BUG: e-mail reply function does not work

Sakletarna

Today I sent an e-mail to a fellow cacher through the Send Email function. As I always do, I kept the checkmark at "I want to send my email address along with this message" (and also at "Email me a copy of this message"). I got my copy but no reply from the other cacher. Now, much later, we have discovered that the reply was not sent to my mailbox but to noreply@geocaching.com. This is a problem - we must be able to trust the reply function.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 8/1/2020 at 6:37 PM, Sakletarna said:

the sender is noreply@geocaching.com so I guess I can't e-mail an answer

In fact, you can. It's just harder than to click on "reply". This is because cerberus1 refused to share their email address with you (there is a checkbox for this).

In the mail you received there should be a link to cerberus1's profile. Click (or tap) on it. Then use the "Send email" link it shows (in a rectangle at the right hand side of the page).

2 hours ago, Tungstène said:

In fact, you can. It's just harder than to click on "reply". This is because cerberus1 refused to share their email address with you (there is a checkbox for this).

In the mail you received there should be a link to cerberus1's profile. Click (or tap) on it. Then use the "Send email" link it shows (in a rectangle at the right hand side of the page).

Actually, I've never unchecked that box (I want to send my email address along with this message.), always wishing for a response.

Most times, such as this example,  minor stuff, I do uncheck "Email me a copy of this message."...