Two Submissions for the same Waymark the same day

fi67

This has not happened to me in 10 years of being an officer, so I thought I will share it.

The day before yesterday, I received a submission (from waymarker A) and approved it. The next in my queue was exactly the same place and category submitted by another waymarker (let's call him B). Well, that's bad luck, and first come, first served. But such a coincidence is surely something quite rare.

Well, today I received a submission from waymarker B and approved it. The very next one I reviewed was the same place and category, submitted by waymarker A.

That's truly weird. At least, each of them has one approved.

Is it in Spain ? A new waymarker publishes a lot of waymarks in a city and an old waymarker who did not take time to create waymarks with his photos realizes that is time to create waymarks otherwise it will be too late.

I have never seen so many submissions at the same time and in the same city from too differents waymarkers

Edited by Alfouine
2 hours ago, iconions said:

Moral of the story - try not to sit on your backlogged pictures too long!  :)  

Locally I was thinking "That would make a Waymark" for a lot of things/places...

Started submitting one or two...

Noticed someone else was submitting Waymarks, and they were not a local. (A Waymarker on holiday, Waymarking what they knew would make a Waymark.)

Following a couple of messages/emails he continued with his, he offered one he knew for me to submit, and here I am, still Waymarking! (With a few of my Waymarks 'Visited' by the other Waymarker!)

4 hours ago, Bear and Ragged said:

Locally I was thinking "That would make a Waymark" for a lot of things/places...

Started submitting one or two...

Noticed someone else was submitting Waymarks, and they were not a local. (A Waymarker on holiday, Waymarking what they knew would make a Waymark.)

Following a couple of messages/emails he continued with his, he offered one he knew for me to submit, and here I am, still Waymarking! (With a few of my Waymarks 'Visited' by the other Waymarker!)

I'm lucky, no one really waymarks in my neck of the woods unless they are passing through.  That's fine with me as I can then go out and get visits.  A lot of the geocachers in the area kinda look down at my activity, but that's okay, too, as I don't hafta deal with soggy or missing caches.  

Yes, in Spain. I am geocacher B innthis question and A in other :-)

I don't know that I think. reviewer approved me Puente Romano and Two hours late "puente viejo" of him.

Later, the same question with a city landscape in Botanic garden but my WM was refused for one minut.

This is not the problem (I know that one WM cathegory for thing, but puente romano viejo has two satelliets are two duplicates with the same photo approved by paolo, I believe).

The problem is that I don't know that think because I beginning to create WM in Ourense in where were one or two WM, and now this person create a lot quickly. And in botanic garden I have a cache  from two years ago GC7T4KA  and he din't look for it?

We must rember that is a play, and there are a lot of WM for create.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:46 PM, fi67 said:

This has not happened to me in 10 years of being an officer, so I thought I will share it.

The day before yesterday, I received a submission (from waymarker A) and approved it. The next in my queue was exactly the same place and category submitted by another waymarker (let's call him B). Well, that's bad luck, and first come, first served. But such a coincidence is surely something quite rare.

Well, today I received a submission from waymarker B and approved it. The very next one I reviewed was the same place and category, submitted by waymarker A.

That's truly weird. At least, each of them has one approved.

That I can remember this has already happened to me at least three times as an Officer, but as a waymarker it was the first time.

3 hours ago, Ariberna said:

I don't know that I think. reviewer approved me Puente Romano and Two hours late "puente viejo" of him.

Later, the same question with a city landscape in Botanic garden but my WM was refused for one minut.

This is not the problem (I know that one WM cathegory for thing, but puente romano viejo has two satelliets are two duplicates with the same photo approved by paolo, I believe).

It was an office error that can sometimes happen (probably because the bridge is known by two different names),  I have already archived mine.

3 hours ago, Ariberna said:

The problem is that I don't know that think because I beginning to create WM in Ourense in where were one or two WM, and now this person create a lot quickly. And in botanic garden I have a cache  from two years ago GC7T4KA  and he din't look for it?

We must rember that is a play, and there are a lot of WM for create.

Ourence it was my last trip before confinement due to coviv19, i visit it during the Christmas and new year holidays. 

These days, to my regret i only have time to put out some waymarks  when i'm on holidays, which I am now and a week has passed and I still have two more to go so more waymarks are coming (not in Ourense I have almost finish there) :).

When I travel  most of the times I don’t look for geocaches. In reality I just look for caches from times to times, I have been geocaching for 13 years and have around 1400 caches found, that gives an average of 110 a year, and in recent years I have found less than that.

I am happy that someone else likes Waymarking around here, some times is a bit disappointing to be the oly person to waymark. Hope one day we meet at an event :D (Ourense is not  that far)

On 7/31/2020 at 12:43 PM, Ariberna said:

Galicia and Portugal we are cousins.

It is a sad, the caché in Montealegre was good.

Thanks.

:) In my next visit I will search for it.

22 hours ago, Ariberna said:

I am waiting that you finish in Ourense. Please said me when you finish for no duplicities, thanks.

I'm pretty much done, 6 more to post and 10 that are still waiting for approval.