New GPSMAP 64st -- would like to change some preferences

So I am attempting to adjust from my trusty 60Csx to this machine but there are some things I want to know if I can change.

1.  The 60CSX, if I zoomed the map out all the way, the geocaches would still show up on the screen.   On the 64st, at a certain point of zoom they disappear from the map, anyway to stop this behavior?

2.  How do I delete found caches from the 64st?    I sync with GSAK and select the wipe caches box prior to syncing but it seems the "found" caches aren't wiped out.

Thanks.

1. In your map settings, under advanced, zoom levels, you can choose what zoom level geocaches will appear. Increase the value to zoom out and still see geocaches.

2. I'm assuming you're loading geocaches via GSAK. When doing so, make sure you're filtering out your found caches each time you go to overwrite the file with an updated one.

• Helpful 1
On 7/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, Mineral2 said:

1. In your map settings, under advanced, zoom levels, you can choose what zoom level geocaches will appear. Increase the value to zoom out and still see geocaches.

2. I'm assuming you're loading geocaches via GSAK. When doing so, make sure you're filtering out your found caches each time you go to overwrite the file with an updated one.

1.  I Found what you were talking about -- I kept looking for a 'declutter' option.

2.  I am loading with GSAK -  I filter out found caches and "wipe" my GPS prior to sync.  -- but it seems that doesn't work.

gpssend.JPG

1. As Mineral2 indicated, use the zoom level settings to manipulate the visibility of geocaches and other items at different zoom levels.

2. I use the GarminExport macro in GSAK to send geocache data in a ggz file to my 64st. One of the features of the macro allows found caches to be exported as POI. I utilize this function as it is sometimes useful to have a point of reference in an area I have visited before.

2 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

Is it possible that you're not sending the filtered list to your GPS, but your entire library?

No I am using the same filter and loading up 3 GPSr and my older models don't seem to have the same problem. 

58 minutes ago, chuck4564 said:

1. As Mineral2 indicated, use the zoom level settings to manipulate the visibility of geocaches and other items at different zoom levels.

2. I use the GarminExport macro in GSAK to send geocache data in a ggz file to my 64st. One of the features of the macro allows found caches to be exported as POI. I utilize this function as it is sometimes useful to have a point of reference in an area I have visited before.

That's interesting I'm wondering if maybe the GPSr is saving founds as POI and that is why they are not being cleared.   I will have to investigate.

11 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

You can always just filter the found geocaches out in the Geocache Filters Setup.... Then they will no longer appear in any lists or on the map.

If they are being loaded as POIs, they won't filter. They also won't show in the geocaches list or act like geocaches when you select them from the map. So, determining whether they are being loaded as POIs isn't that hard.

29 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

If they are being loaded as POIs, they won't filter. They also won't show in the geocaches list or act like geocaches when you select them from the map. So, determining whether they are being loaded as POIs isn't that hard.

The OP stated they are not using the GSAK Garmin Export Macro, and posted the settings they are using for the default GSAK export function. I see no reason to suspect found geocaches are being exported as POI based on the information provided. Until new information is provided, I will choose to follow the 'facts' as provided.

20 hours ago, Difranco said:

1.  I Found what you were talking about -- I kept looking for a 'declutter' option.

2.  I am loading with GSAK -  I filter out found caches and "wipe" my GPS prior to sync.  -- but it seems that doesn't work.

gpssend.JPG

If I remember right, that option does not work with Garmin units.  It was used for some other brands of GPSr's.  You have to open the GPSr drive on the computer and under the Garmin folder erase all files in the GGZ and GPX subfolders.