NASA’s Mars Rover Perseverance is trackable via Geocaching! (TB5EFXK)

MissJenn

Because 100% of my discovered/moved TBs  I have actually held in my hand or physically seen (standing near a car with TB code). I don't log virtual codes just like I don't log caches I haven't found and signed the log (even if the CO gives permission on a missing cache).

Since I don't see myself going to Mars to take note of the TB code, I won't log it.

As for an extra souvenir... I just don't care about that (I've hidden about 70 souvenirs I don't care about on my profile).

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
11 hours ago, on4bam said:

This tread looks like a roadtrip with little children. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet........."

I think it's more like a house with little children the week before Christmas. Even the adults are getting excited even though they're not saying anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

Can‘t help but wonder what‘s going on... there are some pictures of what appears to be a cover plate from the bottom of the rover lying on the ground. Then there are some pictures of the opening in the bottom, with the interior of the rover exposed... doesn‘t look right to me. Or is that plate supposed to come off?

Edited by G.O. Cash
question added
  • Funny 1
2 hours ago, G.O. Cash said:

Can‘t help but wonder what‘s going on... there are some pictures of what appears to be a cover plate from the bottom of the rover lying on the ground. Then there are some pictures of the opening in the bottom, with the interior of the rover exposed... doesn‘t look right to me.

I've wondered about that, too, but on NASA's https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/spacecraft/rover/body/ it says:

Structure: (...) bottom is the belly pan. Note that for new Sampling and Caching interior workspace, the belly pan in that front end of the rover (about first 1 1/2 feet from front end) is dropped soon after the rover lands. This exposes the workspace to Martian atmosphere and makes more room for sample handling operations within that workspace.

So, it appears to me to be part of the plan.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Cache from Geocaching... the whole activity. CITO is not confined to Events... we should do Trash Out whenever we Geocaching (In). ;)

Yeah, but the name is CACHE IN Trash Out. There are no caches on Mars so what does the “Cache In” part have to do with it?

Edited by CAPTAINVALPO96
Typo
  • Funny 1
56 minutes ago, Sakidoo said:

March 15, 2021.   Still locked.   I haven't seen any logs.  Lots of watches, including mine   Status?

First off, it is the 14th. I don’t know why it is taking sooooooo... long. We are waiting for a collaboration any second now. People are watching just in case Geocaching HQ posts something on the page of it and they will be up to date but they Better be ready to sort through their Email when it opens up. I hope this answers your questions, Sakidoo. 

• Funny 1