Oregon 700 Shutting Off

I’ve had this GPSr for a few weeks, and at least 4 times it has turned off by itself. The batteries still had  plenty of charge left. The time it has been on has been from less than 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I asked Garmin, and they had no answer.  Has anyone else had this issue?

13 hours ago, GrateBear said:

I’ve had this GPSr for a few weeks, and at least 4 times it has turned off by itself. The batteries still had  plenty of charge left. The time it has been on has been from less than 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I asked Garmin, and they had no answer.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I've heard of this happening with some third-party maps.  My 550 would crash when one particular cache description was opened.  My 650 would sometimes shut off until I eventually got decent software.  I haven't had that issue on the 750.

But any of them would crash when the batteries got weak.  Even if I know for sure it can't be batteries, that's my first plan, change batteries.  Sometimes, that's all it takes.

3 hours ago, kunarion said:

I've heard of this happening with some third-party maps.  My 550 would crash when one particular cache description was opened.  My 650 would sometimes shut off until I eventually got decent software.  I haven't had that issue on the 750.

But any of them would crash when the batteries got weak.  Even if I know for sure it can't be batteries, that's my first plan, change batteries.  Sometimes, that's all it takes.

I have a Garmin map in it and the battery icon has always had 2 of the 3 bars showing.  And those are the Garmin battery pack.  Garmin did say I could send it back for a refurbished unit, but if I do, will wait until the warranty is almost finished.