[bug?] Latest Activity not updating

terratin

I found 7 caches today and logged them a few hours ago. Yet the last caches under Latest Activity are caches I logged the previous weekend. So it seems that this list is not updating. Caches from my friends seem up to date, at least those logged yesterday show up there.

Edited by terratin
33 minutes ago, terratin said:

I found 7 caches today and logged them a few hours ago. Yet the last caches under Latest Activity are caches I logged the previous weekend. So it seems that this list is not updating. Caches from my friends seem up to date, at least those logged yesterday show up there.

Same here.  I noticed this when I was checking my Memory Lane Souvenir points total.  None of the 8 caches I found today were added to Memory Lane points. 

Ich habe das selbe Problem.  Aber nur gestern 25.7.20 von 3 Funden wird nur einer in latest activity angezeigt . Statistik,  smiley, Karte alles stimmt sonst. Geloggt habe ich mit c.geo was bisher immer geklappt hat. Meine Funde heute stimmen wieder . Solange er richtig zählt, bin ich beruhigt 

This is not a new problem. I have experienced several times that, for example, maintenance logs are not seen on my activity log immediately. (These are usually the ones I notice). It shows up after a while, but I've never found out how long it takes.

With sending email, seems like an odd mix of things working and not working. someone hike 12 miles yesterday, and logged finds on 5 of my caches and one that I watch, no notifications on those. On the other hand, I did get a notification on a different cache I have on watch, and another for a cache I own. Those logs posted this morning - so maybe as far email, it's a backlogged batch from hours back, still unsent, but current is working?  

Several of my own geocaches have been found recently (I checked the logs for the cache listings), and although the listing shows the new logs, I have not received email notifications for all of them. This sounds like similar problems that other geocachers have had with their logs not showing up.

Also, I have created an Adventure Lab Cache which has been successfully completed by two players. However, the tally of my finds listed on the Lab Cache Builder site differs considerably (by several hundred fewer) from my actual find tally.

Spacebat

Same problem here: I found 5 caches yesterday morning and they don't appear on Latest Activity and haven't been counted for the Memory Lane Souvenirs challenge. On the map, these caches still appear as green but would turn briefly into a smiley when I click on them. They are all registered as found and have been added to my total number of finds though.

I use Cachly on my iPhone and logged 8 finds on Saturday, 7/25/20, and it only added 5 points to my Memory Lane total and also only 5 points in my Leaderboard.  It should've added 40+5 (one had 15 favorites) points.  All of the 8 finds show yellow smileys on the Cachly map on my iPhone, but 6 of the 8 still show as green traditional caches on the Geocaching app's map, like they haven't been found by me.  The other 2 out of the 8 finds show yellow smileys.  It did increase my total finds on my profile by 8, as it should've.  It looks like something has gone a little haywire with the Geocaching app.  

~Boots~ 

Hi.

We have the same problem. We found a cache and a lab cache on Saturday, first time we have been out in ages and the cache isn't showing in our recent activity.

Neither are either showing towards our Memory Lane total.

Will they just appear or do I need to contact Geocaching to have it put right ?

Thanks in advance.

Could this "THE LEADERBOARD WILL RESET TO ZERO ON MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2021 AT NOON UTC. THE LEADERBOARD IS SUPPORTING THE MEMORY LANE SOUVENIR CHALLENGE AND WILL NOT REFRESH UNTIL IT ENDS." below the ime remainingg clock explain? Or am I misunderstanding?

So my activity from Saturday and the update to the leaderboard still did not happen. So I annoyed the Co and deleted all logs to relog them (backdated to Saturday of course). Now they do show up under Activity and on the leaderboard. Not that I care much about the latter, but I do like stats and proper data integrity. Thus...

20 hours ago, tyke said:

Could this "THE LEADERBOARD WILL RESET TO ZERO ON MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2021 AT NOON UTC. THE LEADERBOARD IS SUPPORTING THE MEMORY LANE SOUVENIR CHALLENGE AND WILL NOT REFRESH UNTIL IT ENDS." below the ime remainingg clock explain? Or am I misunderstanding?

That's what it has said from the very beginning. 

Memory Lane points still not updating for Saturday 25th July 2020 - Do Groundspeak look at these forum posts and fix bugs? 

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to retrieve these Memory Lane points (e.g. delete all logs you posted for finds on Saturday 25 July and re-post them all again today with backdating to maintain the correct find date (remembering to take a cut/paste of the current posts before deleting) ?   I have not tried this - but wondering if it would work.

On Saturday, July 25, from approximately 5:00am to 2:00pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), we experienced a website issue that impacted many aspects of the game, including email notifications, souvenirs, earning of points on the leaderboard/Memory Lane, earning of Favorite points, "Latest Activity" on the dashboard, and the indexing of new caches. Our engineering teams worked many hours over the weekend to make sure that *most* of the notification emails were sent. However, the teams are still sorting out the rest of the challenges that resulted from that issue. We hope to get it resolved soon. In the meantime, if you would like to resolve your issues more quickly, we recommend deleting your Finds from Saturday, and logging them again, with the July 25 date. 

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

Has anyone noticed if this is fixed or not?  On the GSAK board I was posting about some inconsistencies between PQ's and API calls as well as between different API calls.  Oddly they occurred on the same date. However they occured with archived logs.

It also would be good to know if this is a small patch just for this date or larger scale fix.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:59 AM, Frau Potter said:

Today, one of the HQ engineers ran a script that will hopefully fix most of the issues that occurred on June 25, 2020. As a result, some users will see new souvenirs awarded, Favorite points earned, and updates to the Memory Lane leaderboard. 

My find of July 25th is still not visible on the new dashboard.

Edited by jisperveld