Placed my first cache a few days ago

Cliffisen

Hi all,

i placed my first cache a few days ago and it seems that the cache doesn’t show up for anyone but premium for the first 24 hours or so?

Im fine with that since it’s a premium feature and all. 

now that the time limit has passed I would like the cache to be available for all and not just premium users. can’t seem to find where I change this tho. 

anyone know how to change my cache from premium to free?

PS This is my second post. It seems that my first got lost somewhere and if it’s out there I’m sorry for the doubleposts :) DS

2 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Precisely... she will see it on the homepage.

Well that really sucks.

we hardly ever uses computers and when we are outdoors we sometimes spontaneously wants to go GC. 

Do i understand you correctly that the app and webpage shows the caches differently for Basic  and Premium users?

If i get premium for her will she be able to see them all without the need for a computer?

2 hours ago, Cliffisen said:

Hmmm, my daughter doesn’t have premium and it shows as a premium only on her app :/ 

Curious ... does it actually say "Premium" when she looks at an "advanced" cache on the app, or does it say something like "you must be a premium member to view this cache" ?    Thanks.  :)

The free, basic app is used to get folks hopefully interested enough in the hobby to want to go premium.  

The app doesn't replace the website, where a basic member can access all but "premium member only" caches.    

Other apps don't have the D/T rating limitation for basic users. They have other limitations, though - something like 3 caches per 24 hours, IIRC. So you can pick and choose your limitations depending on which app you use (the official app, the API/GC-approved apps, or the unapproved, never-mention-'em app). :)

Edit to add: you could grab the coordinates off the website and plug them into the official app to navigate to the cache. Cumbersome, but there ARE ways to work around the limitations.

Edited by TriciaG
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1