suggestions for other categories

On 7/25/2020 elyob said:

That reviewer may be an expert in only one category and that is why she is a reviewer there.  She may not know anything about the category where your object could be submitted.

it is up to you to research the different categories (and their strange rules).

I always peruse the Newest Waymarks tab, just to see who is posting what, give me ideas. Many times I see where a certain waymark could be cross-posted in a different category. How would you all feel getting a Comment an a newly posted waymark suggesting a different category? Should I mind my own business?

5 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

On 7/25/2020 elyob said:

That reviewer may be an expert in only one category and that is why she is a reviewer there.  She may not know anything about the category where your object could be submitted.

it is up to you to research the different categories (and their strange rules).

I always peruse the Newest Waymarks tab, just to see who is posting what, give me ideas. Many times I see where a certain waymark could be cross-posted in a different category. How would you all feel getting a Comment an a newly posted waymark suggesting a different category? Should I mind my own business?

I would not like it as a comment on my waymark. I think I'd prefer a PM with the friendly suggestion. 

I send recommendations sometimes when I approve National Register properties when they can go into Victorian Era, especially when I see that all of the requirements are there.  
I actually appreciate it if someone says that there might be another category I might be able to post, especially if it is something esoteric and unusual like a McDonald's!  (Okay, I was JUST KIDDING on that last part!!!!!!!)  :D  

• Funny 1
19 hours ago, fi67 said:

A nice idea, I have never thought of that possibility. Something I occasionally do, is to give a hint to another category when I review waymarks.

Methodist Churches category, if it's a good write up and mentions things like Stained Glass windows, bells at the side of the church and not inside, First/Oldest/Largest, or a 'Famous' person is buried there etc, I may suggest a category. (Usually have a quick look at Nearest Waymarks to see if they've already been approved!)

One or two officers have made suggestions for other Waymarks Categories to post in when I've posted in their categories. It's appreciated!