Labcache "reset" for helping a friend "betatest"

widdi

A friend was allowed to create a labcache with 5 stations. She tried it with her daughters smartphone.. and something was "wrong" - the pictures are not shown at all. So she asked me to help. Her own smartphone won't work (my  lab is public - I can see it and play the five stations... ok.. not the problem today)

OK.. we made a test.. I got the QR code link, it was set private (I think this was the problem)

So we played.... now we wanted to test another time ( I updated the app from google store, she wanted to change something) ..But.. how can I delete my founds? OK.. on my profile page on geocaching.com I deleted the five logs. It is now shown with "0" points. The counter is back ..

But in the adventure lab app... it is still completed I'm not able to reset the "activity" in the adventure lab or one of the five sations. So I'm caught in a trap.. I cannot help testing. I cannot play anymore.. but the five  "founds" are gone too - I cannot restore them.....  OK five more or less.. but it is a technical issue :-)

Edited by widdi
9 minutes ago, widdi said:

A friend was allowed to create a labcache with 5 stations. She tried it with her daughters smartphone.. and something was "wrong" - the pictures are not shown at all. So she asked me to help. Her own smartphone won't work (my  lab is public - I can see it and play the five stations... ok.. not the problem today)

OK.. we made a test.. I got the QR code link, it was set private (I think this was the problem)

So we played.... now we wanted to test another time ( I updated the app from google store, she wanted to change something) ..But.. how can I delete my founds? OK.. on my profile page on geocaching.com I deleted the five logs. It is now shown with "0" points. The counter is back ..

But in the adventure lab app... it is still completed I'm not able to reset the "activity" in the adventure lab or one of the five sations. So I'm caught in a trap.. I cannot help testing. I cannot play anymore.. but the five  "founds" are gone too - I cannot restore them.....  OK five more or less.. but it is a technical issue :-)

The only part of this I can answer is that I personally have been able to restore my deleted AL  finds on my geocaching profile. 

I tested this out for forum discussions. I always delete all but one because I have an issue with getting one geocache find per question. But that's discussed in another forum thread. But I have been able to restore them during tests. Can you not do that on your profile?

From memory.... (as I can't test this right now!).

When you test the Adventure - the creator should send you a "Test Link" - use that to test the Adventure - not the QR Code on the main Adventure screen  - otherwise.. you've "Logged It".

If they make changes to the Adventure - delete the Test link - generate a new one.

Once you've tested using a test link (or test QR code) -- In the app - go to the screen where you see the Adventure you completed... and touch it.. and swipe left.

That will delete the Test attempts from the app - without deleting your "true finds" made without a test link.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

The only part of this I can answer is that I personally have been able to restore my deleted AL  finds on my geocaching profile. 

I tested this out for forum discussions. I always delete all but one because I have an issue with getting one geocache find per question. But that's discussed in another forum thread. But I have been able to restore them during tests. Can you not do that on your profile?

This sounds interesting... where can I restore them?
You'll find attached a screenshot from my "found" statistik....

I went to my public profile.. then I open the Link behind the 130 labs.. then I get that page in the attachement. There I deleted the 5 logs with the buttons.

I can't find an option to restore them If clicking on title picture, I reach a page with text & QR code to play it in the app

20 hours ago, CacheShadow said:

When you test the Adventure - the creator should send you a "Test Link" - use that to test the Adventure - not the QR Code on the main Adventure screen  - otherwise.. you've "Logged It".

If they make changes to the Adventure - delete the Test link - generate a new one.

Yes.. this is the usual way,.. but she offered me a "private" AL with the following link in the QR "https://labs.geocaching.com/goto/Koenigshofen". So Think, I played it "normal way" instead of an Testlink

Labs deleted.JPG

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

When I delete and undelete a log my AL count changes. 

Yes. but think.. the difference is: you deleted 4 out of 5 .. I deleted all :-)

I think I should contact support.. and you should not delete all AL - that would result in the same problem for you ;-)

I tried with edge and firefox

I just deleted ALL my logs for an AL. I was given the option to undelete them all.

I undeleted one, and my count changed.

You have to SHOW all deleted logs before you click on the AL, or else an AL with no logs will take you directly to the AL.

Do you see that my count for the Project GC AL is zero?

Logs for Project GC AL 0.png

Edited by Max and 99

ok.. then this could be an effect, because it is still private? I will contact ktaylor211 who has given that post.

In that help center article it is written:

Delete an Adventure Lab Cache find from your profile

• From the Geocaches tab on your Public Profile, select Lab Cache.
  • Select the trash can next to the Lab Cache you want to delete.

Note: Deleting a find for an Adventure Lab Cache decreases your find count on Geocaching.com but does not remove the find from the Adventure Lab app. It is currently not possible to remove a find from the Adventure Lab app.

15 minutes ago, widdi said:

Yes. but think.. the difference is: you deleted 4 out of 5 .. I deleted all :-)

I think I should contact support.. and you should not delete all AL - that would result in the same problem for you ;-)

I tried with edge and firefox

Do you see my posts above? I deleted ALL the AL logs for one AL: Project GC. And I was able to restore them all.

2 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Do you see my posts above? I deleted ALL the AL logs for one AL: Project GC. And I was able to restore them all.

yes... look my screenshot.. I have no possibility to undelete... I contact the owner to set it public.. I think, she has set it private, because the physical bonus is not published yet

This could be the idea, why I cant undelete.. I have no more idea - why it works on your profile

1 minute ago, widdi said:

yes... look my screenshot.. I have no possibility to undelete... I contact the owner to set it public.. I think, she has set it private, because the physical bonus is not published yet

This could be the idea, why I cant undelete.. I have no more idea - why it works on your profile

That's a good guess!

1 minute ago, widdi said:

Thank you for helping it worked... The idea to scroll down... I did not get that idea... thanks for you help

Fantastic! What I think is really odd is that every time you want to undelete a log, you have to scroll to the bottom to show deleted logs. Over and over again.

I'm so glad it worked for you!!