URWIGO ... can I add a YouTube video?

makgonz_JOSE

You can't. Wherigo is a totally offline experience and video integration was never intended. If you really feel the need, you can give a YouTube URL that geocachers could copy to their YouTube app.

Please note that this is not something common at all and could lead to big frustration because when you play an offline game, you don't expect to have to find some kind of connectivity just in order to be given the final coords.

(Adventure Lab Caches allows video inclusion, but not in the "journal").

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Tungstène said:

Please note that this is not something common at all and could lead to big frustration because when you play an offline game, you don't expect to have to find some kind of connectivity just in order to be given the final coords.

That why we have listings. Those that don't read them will indeed get frustrated, all others will come prepared.

We had a multi not so long ago where there was a "strange tag. After trying several decoding methods we got stuck. I then remembered the subtile hint for the wp when we prepared for the caches and realized it could be the end part of a YouTube link. We opened it and it showed the way we had to walk and a 360° of the cache location.

As a 99.9%offline cacher with GPS I do carry my tablet + hotspot for the occasional look ups or mail but  having read listing and hint before heading out is key.

• Upvote 1