But what did I do?

pmaupin

It's still great, for a few days the category "Little Free Pantry" has not been going very well. Following the leader's resignation, there were only two of us to manage the category. I therefore warn the new leader that it is urgent to recruit a new officer. Thing do quickly, I validate 4 waymark, today recruiting a new officer, and now I am dismissed as a messy without explanations. I prefer to leave the category, with my head held high, having done my job properly.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, pmaupin said:

It's still great, for a few days the category "Little Free Pantry" has not been going very well. Following the leader's resignation, there were only two of us to manage the category. I therefore warn the new leader that it is urgent to recruit a new officer. Thing do quickly, I validate 4 waymark, today recruiting a new officer, and now I am dismissed as a messy without explanations. I prefer to leave the category, with my head held high, having done my job properly.

What do you mean by this, below? 

3 hours ago, pmaupin said:

I am dismissed as a messy without explanations.

The leader of this category is an another alias of the last leader, that's the same person.

His game is to promote and demote officers, especially those who have done all the job for him

Before he used three alias and they were all officers so he could demote easily any officer.

But with Bluesnote and Saopaulo1 i could not understand they vote against you.

If the vote fail, you could together dismiss him...

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Alfouine said:

The leader of this category is an another alias of the last leader, that's the same person.

His game is to promote and demote officers, especially those who have done all the job for him

Before he used three alias and they were all officers so he could demote easily any officer.

But with Bluesnote and Saopaulo1 i could not understand they vote against you.

If the vote fail, you could together dismiss him...

If you dismiss the gentleman (as should be done) and if you then need someone familiar with the category, feel free to contact me.

• Upvote 2

The shenanigans will continue forever now.  Multiple waymarkers from one human being are back as officers.  Surely  we can all agree to prevent one individual from being more than one officer within one category.  This is so wrong.

Edited by elyob
19 hours ago, pmaupin said:

Finally Bluesnote and Saopaulo1 voted against, so for now I stay

The group leader has put in an unnecessary vote to remove officers. Therefore I voted nay. He has messaged me several times saying that he is forced off of Waymarking by other members and I believe this vote (and several other actions) is a consequence.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

"You could post some real truth in the forums. First, Trump2020 is not my account. They are a geocaching friend of mine I invited to try Waymarking. I have several family members, we all have geocaching accounts. Two of my dogs have their own accounts. Groundspeak don't have a problem with us supporting them by being paying members. I approve my own WM because I enjoy doing it. I don't follow your made up rules, I make up my own. Mine work best for me. But please tell all you troll friends that want me gone that you were offered a seat as the fourth person in the LFP group and you declined. I am the founder of the category. You are just choking on sour grapes. We were willing to leave, but your forums trash talk upset me enough that I choose to stay and lead and manage the category I founded.
Blame yourself."

• Funny 1
18 minutes ago, elyob said:

There are two unrelated issues here. 1) What can admin do about Waymarking leaders who abuse their position? 2) The forum here is or is not presently the official place to present issues about Waymarking.

1) What is the abuse in detail?

2) The forum is the official place to present issues about Waymarking.

Waymarks should not be allowed to include forum drama in them. The forums should be used for forum drama. Continuing to edit your waymark to include your rants about other waymarkers in the forums should get that waymark locked. And that's coming from someone who thinks waymarks should never be locked except in extreme circumstances! 

Edited by Max and 99
7 minutes ago, wayfrog said:

Thank you for the question.  The category leader is stacking the list of category reviewers with either family members, family pets and/or faux persons to control all votes taken by the category.  I suspect that each of those alleged officers would have the same ISP.  Secondly, the category leader is unilaterally demoting officers who do not come from that list, without cause.

Edited by elyob
3 minutes ago, elyob said:

Thank you for the question.  The category leader is stacking the list of category reviewers with either family members, family pets and/or faux persons to control all votes taken by the category.  I suspect that each of those alleged officers would have the same ISP.  Secondly, the category leader is unilaterally demoting officers who do not fit that do not come from that list, without cause.

And he is approving his own waymarks that have forum rants in them.

I've seen more than one waymark where he bashes a fellow waymarker. 

But you have to be quick because despite bad cell service they get changed quickly.

Edited by Max and 99

Don't post in his category. Block him on email, forums and Geocaching Message Center. Refuse to play his game. He will eventually get tired of it and leave.

He is trying to rile you up and get under your skin, and some of you are falling for it.

Edited by vulture1957
  • Upvote 2
Just now, vulture1957 said:

Don't post in his category. Block him on email, forums and Geocaching Message Center. Refuse to play his game. He will eventually get tired of it and leave.

Eleven years later, he is allowed to play his game his way and we just ignore.  He should be allowed to play any way he likes.  He should not be allowed to lead the game any way he likes.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry I started a cataclism, I just wanted to know why? And now I learn with amazement that some people play their own games, apply their own rules, while we are an international community of serious people, who all play according to the stable rules that we have all accepted, and which suit us perfectly.

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, pmaupin said:

I'm sorry I started a cataclism, I just wanted to know why? And now I learn with amazement that some people play their own games, apply their own rules, while we are an international community of serious people, who all play according to the stable rules that we have all accepted, and which suit us perfectly.

I apologize for stealing your conversation.  This thread might set a record for most views in the first 48 hours.

15 minutes ago, elyob said:

I apologize for stealing your conversation. 

You haven't stolen anything from me, on the contrary and I thank you for it, because I still discover at my age, the perversities of certain people, in a simple game, which brings us so many discoveries around our good old planet.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, pmaupin said:

You haven't stolen anything from me, on the contrary and I thank you for it, because I still discover at my age, the perversities of certain people, in a simple game, which brings us so many discoveries around our good old planet.

I actually found a little free pantry on my travels to Wisconsin back in May.  I decided against Waymarking it, though, just because of the leader of the group.  I will no longer post in the hitching post category for the same reason.  I seriously don't need the drama.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

Because of the comments above, I'm feeling better.  Because of the end result, I'm feeling worse.  We were officers in this category from the very beginning because we believed and still believe it was a good category.  We have both been pushed out of the category and things go on as if it's all okay?  It is not.

6 hours ago, wayfrog said:

Question for #1 - Are we suppose to publicly post messages from GC Messaging to this forum to prove our point in detail? A person creates a Waymark without following the Category Rules and the Waymark is declined. I receive a message from him accusing that I am one of the group that is trying to get him banned and it was all my fault that he got his Waymark rejected. He then then took the rejected Waymark, changed all the write-up and accused me of doing many things I didn't. He then posted it to the Uncategorized  Waymarks where it's available for public viewing. Shortly there after it was removed from that category and put into Alpaca and Llama Farms. Now it says This Waymark has been deleted. WM12TKM.

• Upvote 2
  • Surprised 1
7 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

He is trying to rile you up and get under your skin, and some of you are falling for it.

Am I riled up?  You bet I am.  He directly contacted me, convincing me that she was new to Waymarking, that she needed help creating a category, that she needed a spokesperson in the forums and then pushed me out.  I would say that is extremely close to the definition of getting under my skin.

How does a Group settle disputes?

In some situations you will encounter issues that require an Officer vote. These situations include demoting an Officer, dismissing a Member, and agreeing upon a new category before sending it to Peer Review. All this dismissing and demoting may seem a bit dire, but we need to account for unruly Group Members and rogue Leaders accidentally invading the ranks. Probably most Groups will not ever have use for these tools, but they're there if you need them.

13 hours ago, wayfrog said:

I partnered with a <snip> and we created a category accepted by the Waymarking community.  I was pleased with the number and the quality of the submissions to the category.  Out of the blue, I received notice that there would be an officer vote for my removal.  I then received the following.

"Are you having trouble understanding what is required to post a LFP? Here is the criteria and it requires knowing about the contents. Long Description: Please include a description of the LFP, its location and some of the items which are inside. A minimum of TWO ORIGINAL SENTENCES are required."

The vote and that rant imply that reviewer's errors require removal from the category. My sins as a reviewer should be revealed in a look at the category's Past Activity.  I was not yet aware of the level of deception by the leader.  I left quietly.  Now that I am in the know, I will not remain quiet.

Edited by wayfrog
small edit