Is there a way to bulk delete Personal Cache Notes?

8Nuts MotherGoose

I have hundreds of puzzle caches solved and coordinates written on the Personal Cache Notes on the cache page. Many I have found and many were archived before I found them. Is there a way to bulk delete these notes? I dread deleting one at a time. I'll be at it for days.

If it will help, I use GSAK and I am a Premium Member on Project-GC.

8 hours ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

I have hundreds of puzzle caches solved and coordinates written on the Personal Cache Notes on the cache page. Many I have found and many were archived before I found them. Is there a way to bulk delete these notes? I dread deleting one at a time. I'll be at it for days.

If it will help, I use GSAK and I am a Premium Member on Project-GC.

Looks like the DeleteOnlineGCNotes macro should do the trick.

https://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=34448&st=0&#entry261157

Got to ask though, why do you want to delete them?  (I copy all of my puzzle solutions over from GSAK Notes to the Personal Notes on the website.  Seems useful to leave them there after I’ve found them, particularly if my friends start asking for hints...)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Thank you, IceColdUK. That's what I was looking for. I knew there had to be something out there but could not find it.

I'm just the opposite of you. I keep all my puzzle solving info in GSAK Notes. I want to delete the GC Notes on all the Archived caches. They serve no purpose and I have to set a special filter on Project-GC if I don't want to see them as part of my Solved Puzzles list.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

Thank you, IceColdUK. That's what I was looking for. I knew there had to be something out there but could not find it.

I'm just the opposite of you. I keep all my puzzle solving info in GSAK Notes. I want to delete the GC Notes on all the Archived caches. They serve no purpose and I have to set a special filter on Project-GC if I don't want to see them as part of my Solved Puzzles list.

Got you.  So many ways to do the same thing I guess.  I keep everything in GSAK, but once I’ve solved a puzzle I use a macro to correct the coords on the website.  (And this copies over the notes at the same time.)