Show my DNF caches that have not been found by me

WanderingExplorer

These are the kinds of things we often do in GSAK.  If you import caches (using GSAK directly or having it load your PQ) for unfound caches, it will show the DNF date on any that you DNFd before and still haven't found.  You can even filter the list looking for them and keep a separate list of them.  In fact, I have a GSAK list just like that.  I refresh that list with new logs periodically to see which ones are now likely 'findable'.

I know that "GSAK" seems to be an answer for a lot of things, but it really is an incredibly useful tool.

• Upvote 1

I deleted the coordinates for the two puzzles, but these are the primary columns for a list of DNFs that I still haven't found.  I took a regular PQ and sorted by DNF date, and these pop up to the top.  You can also filter to get just those, and as noted above, store them in a separate list.

341142286_DNFList.thumb.jpg.fdd21b86ff7344cf26440630489a18d3.jpg

https://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3

That URL will show your DNFs

Sadly, the form of the list is poor for manipulating or using the data - it doesn't even offer the GC Code.

It is possible to open  those that aren't archived,  if no Smiley in the upper right, then add to bookmark.  Tedious going  but it can be done, and once you've done it, easy to keep up.  Ie, if you DNF a cache, add to the bookmark. 

The GSAK filtering is quicker, but first, you have to get all the cache where you have logs into GSAK!  seeing that you've cached in 49 states and 4 countries, the effort to create all those queries of caches where you've been strikes me as greater than working down the list of DNFs, given that at least the list does indicate archived.

• Upvote 1

Another solution is to make a habit of adding each DNF to a list, and removing it after it is found.  For example, some keep all of their DNFs in their Watchlist so that any new activity shows up.  Doing that retroactively could be a lot of work, though.  I keep mine in a GSAK database.  An occasional refresh highlights those that were later found and I can do a quick filter to delete those.  But those techniques would be something a person would need to employ early on.

@Isonzo

The problem with this list https://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3 is that it shows your DNFs whether you later found them or not.  That would require the OP to copy them all somewhere and cull out the ones that were subsequently found.  If I understand correctly, the objective is to get a list of those DNFs that still haven't been found.  https://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3 shows all DNFs, even if later found.

Looking at his profile, I see what you mean, though.  OP has caches in 48 states (49 counting DC).  That's something you can't really set up as a PQ! 

@Explorer

You've got quite a situation there.  I wonder if perhaps Project-GC would be willing to work with you to get your initial list of DNF-still-not-found-enabled caches, so that you could continue to maintain that list in GSAK (or as a gc.com 'list') on your own when you have more DNFs in the future.