Logging Error

Jewkalina

Hello,

i tried to Change some logs i wrote 3 years ago and make them a Little bit longer for statistic reasons. It is working fine for most of the Caches, even those in the Archive.

But there is one Log (GLT494P2) of an Virtual Cache in the Archive, im not able to Change at all. I cant delete it, i cant Change the text.

It Always says "Dein Logeintrag enthält Fehler", which means "Your Log contains Errors".

Is there anything i can do About it? The Message even appears, when i try to Change the Log Text to "Test" or "TFTC".

screenshot.png

1 hour ago, Jewkalina said:

Hello,

i tried to Change some logs i wrote 3 years ago and make them a Little bit longer for statistic reasons. It is working fine for most of the Caches, even those in the Archive.

But there is one Log (GLT494P2) of an Virtual Cache in the Archive, im not able to Change at all. I cant delete it, i cant Change the text.

It Always says "Dein Logeintrag enthält Fehler", which means "Your Log contains Errors".

Is there anything i can do About it? The Message even appears, when i try to Change the Log Text to "Test" or "TFTC".

screenshot.png

Whhhhyyyyy?

• Upvote 1

Ok ok, so i have no Chance to edit the log. Thanks for the answer!

Why? Because there are Challenges that require to have a certain amount of Badges in Project-GC.

And one Badge is for having 100 Words Average. In Most of the Caches in the last year i write over 100 words, but years ago it was only 5 Word Logs.

Dont worry, i dont write junk and try to write Things that i remember about the Cache. There are a lot of Cache Owners who send me messages about the longer Logs with a "thank you", because it is a lot better than having one-sentence-logs (or logs full of "Happy Hunting" in 100 languages to achieve the 100 Word Average...) 

47 minutes ago, Jewkalina said:

There are a lot of Cache Owners who send me messages about the longer Logs with a "thank you", because it is a lot better than having one-sentence-logs (

How many of those CO will know that years later you edited your log to pad your stats? Will anyone but you appreciate the added fluff?

In other words, who will benefit from all this fluff except for you?

Edited by Max and 99

What do you want? I only asked a Question why it is not possible to change an old log and get the answer.

And now i must justify for doing that? -.- Sorry that i offend you, i dont know that getting some required statistic better is some sort of unethic in this Forum...

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Jewkalina said:

Dont worry, i dont write junk and try to write Things that i remember about the Cache. There are a lot of Cache Owners who send me messages about the longer Logs with a "thank you", because it is a lot better than having one-sentence-logs (or logs full of "Happy Hunting" in 100 languages to achieve the 100 Word Average...) 

You don't have to justify it to anyone. Just don't pretend that fluffing the logs, years after you wrote them, will benefit anyone but you. It's your log. Your stat goal. You can do whatever you want. Except when the log is locked. ?

• Upvote 1