"Dirty Jobs" went Geocaching

At the end of the new episode of "Dirty Jobs: Rowe'd Trip" last night, Mike Rowe and producer Dave Barsky went geocaching!  Barsky is an avid geocacher, having found over 9,000 caches.  He talked a little bit about geocaching and they found the cache, a large ammo can.  This episode will be repeated on July 18 and 21.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
20 minutes ago, 4heberts said:

At the end of the new episode of "Dirty Jobs: Rowe'd Trip" last night, Mike Rowe and producer Dave Barsky went geocaching!  Barsky is an avid geocacher, having found over 9,000 caches.  He talked a little bit about geocaching and they found the cache, a large ammo can.  This episode will be repeated on July 18 and 21.

Oh wow! I'll have to check that out. He was local many years ago, tackling the incredible dirty job at the Museum of Osteology.  My stomach feels queasy just remembering.

I enjoyed the episode, and I thought the producer did a good job of explaining the hobby to an incredulous Mike Rowe.  Can anyone figure out the producer's geocaching name, or the cache he found, which I think is in Kentucky?

I laughed when he found an extra-large ammo can, and there was nothing inside it except for a logsheet.

• Surprised 2
2 hours ago, Keystone said:

I enjoyed the episode, and I thought the producer did a good job of explaining the hobby to an incredulous Mike Rowe.  Can anyone figure out the producer's geocaching name, or the cache he found, which I think is in Kentucky?

I laughed when he found an extra-large ammo can, and there was nothing inside it except for a logsheet.

His name is theTwonky and the cache was GC2Q0QW roadside-cave

His log is hilarious!

• Upvote 1
On 7/15/2020 at 4:19 PM, WRASTRO said:

I can't take credit for the detective work. The folks in the Cachers of Puget Sound FB group had it figured out last night.

hehe, I'm sure a number of people in various unconnected places figured it out, it's not all that hard. Especially if you already know theTwonky :)

On 7/16/2020 at 6:33 AM, GeoElmo6000 said:

The Geocache Talk podcast "4th Annual Podcast of Hope" had  Mike Rowe and Dave Barsky on back in December.

https://geocachetalk.com/all-about-the-4th-annual-podcast-of-hope/

Ya beat me to it! I was just about to say :) 

On 7/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, Keystone said:

Great detective work, WRASTRO.  That log wins the Emmy Award for "most understated performance in a reality show featuring geocaching."

I managed to record that Dirty Jobs episode so I could watch the Geocaching part.  I expected to post a video, but it's probably better to just describe the clip (which was done already), because the scene was kind of underwhelming.

• Upvote 1