Add graphics to the cache name

H2"O"

We had that topic some weeks ago. Please note that some (new!) GPS devices have problems with emoticons in the title. They cut off the title after the image which leads to more problems if the image is the first sign and the title therefore is empty.

So please only use emoticons at the end of the title - if necessary at all!

Thank you!

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, frostengel said:

We had that topic some weeks ago. Please note that some (new!) GPS devices have problems with emoticons in the title. They cut off the title after the image which leads to more problems if the image is the first sign and the title therefore is empty.

So please only use emoticons at the end of the title - if necessary at all!

I thought of that thread also - it may be a good idea to read throught the various comments and feelings about the emojis ina cache title - 

I'm not sure about newer models, but many older GPSrs have the cache title cut off after the emoji. The other 2/3rds didn't like it too much...

For example, " This  IS a :D "    If you were to have "This IS a laughing matter" as the cache title.  

I load caches manually, so the emoji wouldn't matter to me, but those who do PQs it might. 

Maybe it's part of a hint missed to boot...