Travel Bug Hotels

INTIMIDAT3R

I've been searching for TB Hotels and normal caches, in Waterloo/Cedar Falls(Iowa), to launch a new TB I have called, "It's a T.W.A.P.!", TB86C9D

It seems that all I find are micros(which are fun) and any of the normal sized caches I've found were either "Do not drop anything" caches, DNF's, or complete garbage(wet, broken, etc).

I'm not ready to launch my own hotel or cache yet.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Edited by INTIMIDAT3R

If you are not prepared to publish your own cache and there are no suitable caches in Waterloo/Cedar Falls(Iowa), you will need to travel to another area. I hope you are making NMs on the "complete garbage(wet, broken, etc)" caches.

It's possible that those caches with the "Do not drop anything"  messages, have had trackables stolen from them in the past, and this is why the owners are warning not to drop anything off there. That is the only sensible reason I can think of.

• Helpful 1

Have you checked the TBHotelsofAmerica list? I can't look up the link right now, but it be a great resource for what you need. 

https://www.facebook.com/TBHoA/

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&mid=1jDRntnkxD7dwZNzCMOvEymz5cuM&ll=37.32834958116167%2C-89.69604729275335&z=4

https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM60KN2?sort=name&sortOrder=asc&skip=0&take=20

Edited by Max and 99
7 hours ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

I always notify the cache owner if maintenance is needed.

I plan road tripping next weekend to find a suitable cache.

But do you make a NM, or just message the owner. A NM is not only for the owner, but it's also for other cachers to see there is a problem.

I hope you find a suitable cache and enjoy the road trip.

"TB Hotels of America !"  Woohoo !  Show me where the money'$ at !

Hate to be the wet blanket, but we never had luck with Trackable "hotels".    :)    Hoarder magnets.

We know a few who asked folks not to place trackables in their caches because they had issues with trackables missing in the past.

They're not responsible, but the TO blames them ...often ... and now they're done with that side-hobby.

Others don't want them because their containers end up taken along with everything inside.

Why "do not drop trackables" notices and micros are becoming a thing.  Not too many trackables fit in micros...

Notice how many watches are on them, then you'd get a rough idea whether to steer clear.

I'd stay away from popular "tourist" areas if I wanted to keep my trackable moving.   YMMV...

Edited by cerberus1
16 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

They're not responsible, but the TO blames them ...often ... 

Yes, because of course the only reason to set up a hotel is so that the unwary leave their trackables and then the TO can swoop in and make off with them!

I love the idea of trackables, shame that there's always a few who spoil it for everybody else. :( I'm hoping to be able to buy a few later in the year (there's no resellers near me and postage means it isn't worth buying one or two). Plus waiting a bit for travel restrictions to ease....

• Upvote 1