Reward for TB Return

INTIMIDAT3R

***$10 reward each for their return***

If found, contact us at z51stingray@outlook.com and we'll gladly pay postage to have them returned to us.

Baby Kong... TB156DJ

07ff2fde-b7fa-4c86-897e-ad44eb61d845_d.jpg.b28092f168a9f3c141c69deeb50868e0.jpg

Lightning McQueen... TB14TBE

46433756-fcee-4239-acab-039c59bfe759_d.jpg.3b4c920941cbb53cf66780cd857edd64.jpg

Live Long and Prosper... TB14TJF

9ab91058-6245-4b5b-9464-10cf7df06640_l.jpg.a04763a4fbd1cc26e05c77a5ed2c4a5d.jpg

Thunder Chick... TB14PJ0

a5010f9b-9d86-4ab0-9ded-da5f2bf0114f_l.jpg.f1b37d765b93fbf49c99aa8f69b1feb1.jpg

Edited by INTIMIDAT3R
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I was just gonna say "offer it on the trackable's page", but see you did that.    :)

It's a JIC someone notices it by some hoarder sharing "their" trackables or code list at events.

There just might be one honest person when attempting to log it, and see that...  

I hope so.

I plan on launching and relaunching a bunch of TB's this fall.

I followed the advice from some of the cachers here and things will be different this time around.

• Upvote 1
On 7/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, INTIMIDAT3R said:

I followed the advice from some of the cachers...

Is that advice on the forum, or not shareable? I'm hoping to be able to launch a few myself later in the year, and any tips to give them a chance to last a little longer would be nice. Though I understand that it may not be the best idea to go publicly posting "everyone do this" because dollars to donuts there'll be hoarders looking to brush up on their lifting skills. The old escalation arms race deal. :blink:

3 hours ago, Unit473L said:

Is that advice on the forum, or not shareable? I'm hoping to be able to launch a few myself later in the year, and any tips to give them a chance to last a little longer would be nice. Though I understand that it may not be the best idea to go publicly posting "everyone do this" because dollars to donuts there'll be hoarders looking to brush up on their lifting skills. The old escalation arms race deal. :blink:

There are some pinned Threads in  the TB forum like  “Snoogans TB longevity” and “how to keep the tracking number safe”  that give great advice.  There are also other helpful threads that can be found via the search function.   Good luck!

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

I'll be using trail cams at some of my caches and plan on using one at my TB Hotel when it's made and launched.

Hoping you're kidding.  :)      Even if you don't mention it, a couple people we know of that tried that had them taken.  :D

Then with all the new privacy laws springing up, maybe you'd get in a bind over it. "Someone's taking pictures of my kids" is one...

Once word gets out, expect some unusual things placed in front while folks go about their business.

We know of one that caught someone "going about their business".  :laughing:   Turned out to be a hunter, not a cacher.  

4 hours ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

I love the "arms race". LOL

I'll be using trail cams at some of my caches and plan on using one at my TB Hotel when it's made and launched.

Yikes!

Reminds me of all the Little Free Libraries I recently visited that had cameras and a note that said the police were watching. But they're the authorities!

I've been to caches, and found a camera watching me. If I knew in advance, I would have disguised myself a lot better and waited to log.:)  The Chief prefers we not be identified.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I've been to caches, and found a camera watching me. If I knew in advance, I would have disguised myself a lot better and waited to log.:) 

The Chief prefers we not be identified.

Veering OT...

Me either.  Not wanted or anything, just seems creepy to me.   :)

A couple years ago, a new member, a hunter, found out about this hobby from his trail cam. 

Investigated, and joined.  Emailed us.

Apparently the other 2/3rds and I were the only ones who noticed it there.  A pic sent of us pointing at it clued him in.  :D   

Still caches today.

One in a state over had the locals passing around coordinates to the camera, making it a challenge to bypass it.

Folks were coming in behind it, covering it with a rag or something, sign the log, and the most shown was a hand removing whatever they used.   

Shame too.  They used an ammo can, but that camera kept people from making trades n stuff.

Edited by cerberus1
addification
  • Upvote 1