How to back log a "visit" for a TB

OGuyDave

Sorry if this has already been addressed. My search attempts were unsuccessful.

I have a TB that I want to visit all fifty states.

Here's a scenario:

Cacher "Smith" picked up the cache in South Carolina

Smith found a cache in North Carolina, and logged a "visited"

Smith found a cache in Virginia, but did not log a "visited"  (I can see this in Smith's profile)

Smith found a cache in Maryland, and dropped it off, so Smith no longer possesses the TB

How can Smith, or I,  back log a "visited" for the cache in Virginia, so that this can officially be added to the list of states visited?

I can update my map, and the count of states visited, on my TB's page, but I'd like to make it more official.Also it would be nice to see Virginia's visit on the TB's map.

Thanks for all of you that make geocaching a fun activity, and this a great forum.

1 hour ago, OGuyDave said:

I have a TB that I want to visit all fifty states.

Here's a scenario:

Cacher "Smith" picked up the cache in South Carolina

Smith found a cache in North Carolina, and logged a "visited"

Smith found a cache in Virginia, but did not log a "visited"  (I can see this in Smith's profile)

Smith found a cache in Maryland, and dropped it off, so Smith no longer possesses the TB

How can Smith, or I,  back log a "visited" for the cache in Virginia, so that this can officially be added to the list of states visited?

I can update my map, and the count of states visited, on my TB's page, but I'd like to make it more official. Also it would be nice to see Virginia's visit on the TB's map.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems (to me) that you want to add a "visit" to a state that the holder didn't log in to.

I get that you'd like your trackable to visit all fifty states.  Most are happy when they find their trackable's actually still in play.  :)

- While "rigging" the movement/history of the trackable to fit your goal isn't that big a deal, it didn't happen.

But if faking it just to meet your goal is that important, you could send "smith" the trackable's code, and they could back-date it to that cache in VA.

Then if there is one, contact the new holder to grab it back. Sounds like a pain-in-the-can,  and won't be accurate, but you got VA added...

Thanks Cerberus. Appreciate your input.

I'm really not trying to rig anything. I'm guessing that Smith just forgot to click the "visited" dropdown when he logged the VA cache (what else could it be?), and I'm looking for how to give the TB credit for the state. Immensely big difference between "he was there, but the system doesn't know about it" and "he wasn't there, but I want to rig the system to say he was."

And YES, I'm super pleased that the TB is still in play after four and a half years. He's covered over half the states now, with over 25,000 miles, thanks to some great cachers. I know it only takes one inconsiderate cacher to put an end to his journey (happened to his predecessor TB), but I gotta remain optimistic!

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1