Original and copy tag both in circulation

two much fun

I logged my original TB as missing, probably didn't wait long enough for it to be found. TB7ZCMR The cache it was in last logged in was GC32G68 where I left it  I replaced it with a copy tag after 10 months.  Now it seems both the original and the copy tag are in circulation.  What should I do to eliminate the copy tag?

This is why we don't send out "copies".    :)

One reason folks are "Discovering" your "Iran" trackable though (now has a Mexico coin attached...) is you left a clear pic of the Tracking Code in it's gallery.

Poor logging has been a problem for some time.  Don't know why even long-time members are somehow getting things wrong.

A good example is a person from '05 supposedly has it now, (after grabbing from another who just grabbed it themselves...). 

- They them "moved" it with a write note of all things, and not clear now if they even have it in their possession. 

Earlier someone grabbed it and moved it "in their collection", then into a cache.  Sheesh.

The good n bad of "anyone can play"...

I'd lock it down if mine.

You could  email the last who said it was mailed to them (6/22) and ask if they still have it (and which one), but then you'd have to keep track of names, to see who-has-what with the other.

Or,  after email, if you find one of these people actually have it... you could simply ask one to throw theirs away (or take the chance of them knowing your address to mail back).

Either's a pain-in-the-can...

Edited by cerberus1
3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I'd lock it down if mine.

You could  email the last who said it was mailed to them (6/22) and ask if they still have it (and which one), but then you'd have to keep track of names, to see who-has-what with the other.

Or,  after email, if you find one of these people actually have it... you could simply ask one to throw theirs away (or take the chance of them knowing your address to mail back).

Either's a pain-in-the-can...

I found a TB that had not been found in a while.  The owner had put out the copy tag.  The copy tag was in Europe, so he asked me to mail it back to him.  He paid me for the postage.

Thanks for the advice. I know who has the original and who has the copy tag I will see if they will mail the copy tag to me.  If I lock it down does that screw up the original TB also? I would really like to keep that one moving. I have 63 tb's and 32 of them are copy tags. I have found that the ones I have in Europe rarely get lost.

7 hours ago, two much fun said:

Thanks for the advice. I know who has the original and who has the copy tag I will see if they will mail the copy tag to me. 

If I lock it down does that screw up the original TB also? I would really like to keep that one moving.

I have 63 tb's and 32 of them are copy tags. I have found that the ones I have in Europe rarely get lost.

Yes.

We hear a few people say this, but we're 50/50 with the other 2/3rds geocoins, so no difference with us.  :)

Curious, do you plan on leaving the photo of the copy with the code visible in the gallery ? 

- If you don't mind more confusion on who's where, virtual Discovers are allowed now, if you say so.