Arts and Crafts - Wooden Sign Geocache Help

Big84

The earlier today I was browsing google images for inspiration for my next geocache project and saw a wooden sign with a secret compartment.

(  https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/287597126180261128/ ) 

I really liked the idea but unfortunately my woodworking skills are not fantastic and was hoping for a bit of advice of how to make it. (or something similar) I couldn't even tell from the photo how the front plate was attached to the back plastic plate .

Any tips would greatefully be received.

Thanks

Big84

Edited by Big84
Updated Link
2 minutes ago, Big84 said:

The earlier today I was browsing google images for inspiration for my next geocache project and saw a wooden sign with a secret compartment.

( https://images.app.goo.gl/bQv3TcQycGs1R4cz9 )

I really liked the idea but unfortunately my woodworking skills are not fantastic and was hoping for a bit of advice of how to make it. (or something similar) I couldn't even tell from the photo how the front plate was attached to the back plastic plate .

Any tips would greatefully be received.

Thanks

Big84

That link is a dead end for me.

1 hour ago, Big84 said:

It looks (to me) that it might be simply held together by magnets.   Thick enough, a router or cutout saw would work.   :)

- But I'd think most about permission.  I haven't been there.  Does it belong to the landowner or the hider ?  Looks nailed into the tree too.

The example you gave may, or may not have received permission to do that.

Do you think a landowner's going to allow you to dismantle their sign for your hobby ?    Nail your design into a tree ?