Free trial?

Krosses Krazy

7 hours ago, Krosses Krazy said:

Hi. I’ve seen this asked before but can’t seem to find now. If there a free trial period that can be offered to new people?  If there is where and how can I direct someone to it. 

IIRC, it's only for a week now, so they'd need to be prepared when it's activated.  :)

In the meantime, if they're accompanying you, basic members can log-only pmo caches by using an alternate means.

We tell folks of this one,  and it's simply type in the GC code, hit Log, and they can type it in.

12 hours ago, Krosses Krazy said:

Hi. I’ve seen this asked before but can’t seem to find now. If there a free trial period that can be offered to new people?  If there is where and how can I direct someone to it.

Hello Andy,

geocaching (via geocaching.com) is free and in the beginning new geocachers don't need a premium membership.

If they have a GPS device they can go for the hunt without pocket queries and so on. In the beginning you go for one cache here, one cache there and you can get the coordinates simply via website. Do not make them download a pocket query with 1000 caches - it would totally confuse them and don't get anything accomplished.

I was "normal" user for years until I finally decided to become a paying premium member as I decided that some features would fit to my caching behaviour. I wouldn't have had a use for any of the PM features in the beginning. Let them get used to "geocaching" and not to "use this and that in the following week as you are premium member now", just let them have fun with simple geocaches that aren't listed as PMO caches which there are hopefully some in your area.

This free trial week might be useful for geocachers who have been caching for two years and then want to decide if to pay or not.

Best wishes

Jochen