Release Notes (Website: New cache owner dashboard) - July 6, 2020

1 hour ago, TmdAndGG said:

For some reason, I cannot see the quick filters for your hides bar at the top on the Cache Owner Dashboard page. Running Chrome on Windows 10. Everything else is fine though...

If none of the quick filters are active for you, none will be displayed. This was updated by design so that you will only see the quick filters when they have relevant information about your hides. 

• Helpful 1

The "Reviewer Note (Published)" box triggers a false positive for notes of the form, "thanks for providing an update".

That's like getting a ticket for driving exactly the speed limit.  :grin:

And you can't delete the reviewer note, and a follow-up OM log doesn't clear the false positive either.  This will drive the OCD among us nuts.  :lol:

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

The dashboard keeps nagging that I should check some of my hides
warning.thumb.png.ca895130834d2acf42782985d182ca3d.png

But the only thing is the unpublished celebration event
unpub.thumb.png.6246e413e0ef0e5af067b0ab04716cd8.png

The warning "Some of your hides may need attention." is not translated.

The warning also doesn't tell me what I should check.

Clicking on the 1 reviewer note takes me to the list which only says "Attention is required" and no further details

unpub-list.thumb.png.66158cc05b12bff129a739d886f10b27.png

Clicking on the ... for tools at the end gives me the option to react as a reviewer

tools.png.045b60e331af5a232715d14ba4a140e1.pngrev-note.png.3d69e532f3b5537eac6aa01d98cfbcc7.png

Which indeed gets places as a reviewer note

rev-note-placed.png.3f0bcc7e427358fcb57cc321bfd54868.png

The above example can be found on GC8NNQP

Edited by ardila.nl
added the GC code
46 minutes ago, ardila.nl said:

The dashboard keeps nagging that I should check some of my hides
warning.thumb.png.ca895130834d2acf42782985d182ca3d.png

But the only thing is the unpublished celebration event
unpub.thumb.png.6246e413e0ef0e5af067b0ab04716cd8.png

The warning "Some of your hides may need attention." is not translated.

The warning also doesn't tell me what I should check.

Clicking on the 1 reviewer note takes me to the list which only says "Attention is required" and no further details

unpub-list.thumb.png.66158cc05b12bff129a739d886f10b27.png

Clicking on the ... for tools at the end gives me the option to react as a reviewer

tools.png.045b60e331af5a232715d14ba4a140e1.pngrev-note.png.3d69e532f3b5537eac6aa01d98cfbcc7.png

Which indeed gets places as a reviewer note

rev-note-placed.png.3f0bcc7e427358fcb57cc321bfd54868.png

The above example can be found on GC8NNQP

You can place a reviewer note to update the reviewer who is looking at your cache page. Just like all other unpublished caches. It's a way of posting updated information.

• Helpful 1

Change for the sake of change seems to be a mantra at Geocaching.com.    The 'old' dashboard worked great and looked good on my computer. This new page has tons of wasted whitespace, and has me searching for the things I want to see or use.  I HATE IT!!!

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THE "OLD" CACHE LOGGING FORM. The new one has diminished function to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, K13 said:

Change for the sake of change seems to be a mantra at Geocaching.com.  

I would add to that mantra not caring about their community input.

Speaking of community input been 3 months now that we asked to be able to filter our caches by RECENT DNFs. Any update on that?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Just want to say that I like the "Latest activity on your hides" list - the logs are displayed with attached images and they are sorted as they came in (not by the log date) which means I don't miss  a player's summer find which he posted recently with several months delay.

I would appreciate an _option_ to switch the latest activity on the main dashboard to this mode as well.

7 minutes ago, Hynz said:

Not a big problem but maybe worth looking into:

My archived cache (I only have one) shows as the "Archive Date" the date of my Temporary Disable log and not the date of the actual archive log (which in my case was much later).

Yes, the same thing on one of my hides (GC6PE5B) which I archived on Monday (the 19th of October) but it's showing the archived date as the 15th which was the day before I discovered the muggled (again) waypoint and logged a TD.

Edited by barefootjeff