add to bookmarks excluding specific words/owners

MartyBartfast

Hi, I want to add caches with corrected  co-ords to a list, but I have well over 1000, so can't create a list of them all. There is one particular series of 360 which if I could exclude from the list would bring it down below 1000.

I figured if I could do a search for caches with corrected co-ords but exclude the word "Compass" or that CO from the search,  I would have a list which I could add to my bookmark, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Anyone know whether it is possible to do a search excluding particular words or COs?
If not anyone got any other ideas how I could achieve this?

BTW I know this could  be achieved in GSAK etc but that doesn't suit my purpose at the moment.

I'm also not prepared to sit in front of a list (un)ticking the check box on hundreds of caches to achieve this (call me lazy if you will).

Just wonderin...

TIA.

Is   placed date range an option?  you can have both, has corrected coords, and placed date range. You might end up with 3 groups, "before compass" "compass" after "compass" and then some manual fiddling to get them all on their respective correct lists

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1

Easiest way (if result is >1000 but < 2000):

1. Search for your corrected caches

2. Sort by distance ascending

3. Clicking the top left checkbox now selects the first 1000 caches - put them to BM list 1

4. Sort by distance descending

5. Repeat item 3 - put them to BM list 2

Hans

NB: this, and much more is a snap using GSAK. But each to his own. ;-)

1 hour ago, FootyFan123 said:

Not sure how good this would be, but you could tick the box that says ‘Corrected Coordinates Only’

Thanks, but I was using that option and as I described in the OP it returns more than I can put on a list.

1 hour ago, HHL said:

Easiest way (if result is >1000 but < 2000):

NB: this, and much more is a snap using GSAK. But each to his own. ;-)

Thanks, but I don't want to end up with 2 lists to manage, both of which contain caches I'm nolonger interested in.

There are reasons why I don't want to use GSAK for this, not least among them that having filtered them and in order to get them onto a Groundspeak bookmark it will require an API balance >=1000 - and I have no balance left ;)

1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Is   placed date range an option?  you can have both, has corrected coords, and placed date range. You might end up with 3 groups, "before compass" "compass" after "compass" and then some manual fiddling to get them all on their respective correct lists

This did it for me, quick and easy to accomplish. Thankfully all the Compass caches have the same placed date so the date ranges are easy to implement. I suppose there may be the odd non compass cache placed on the single day I excluded but I can live with that for now.

Thanks.

If anyone from Groundspeak is reading this you could consider it a feature request for improvements to the search interface :P

53 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

and in order to get them onto a Groundspeak bookmark it will require an API balance >=1000 - and I have no balance left

Adding caches to a bookmark list does NOT consume any API quota.

• Helpful 1