Waymarking site traffic

No idea how accurate this is, but I thought it was interesting. I came upon it by accident.

Rankchart.org

Waymarking.com traffic estimate is about 3,144 unique visitors and 5,030 pageviews per day. The approximated value of Waymarking.com is 94,900 USD. Every unique visitor makes about 1.6 pageviews on average.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, bluesnote said:

Its' a shame Groundspeak doesn't take advantage of Waymarking. But I guess compared to Geocaching, there is just so much more traffic to make it not worth their effort.

but that's a Catch 22. GS won't spend resources because there are so few waymarkers; there are so few waymarkers because GS won't spend resources.

Folks who DO try Waymarking have a tendency to get bummed when they notice the lack of interest from Groundspeak. If Groundspeak would actively advertise Waymarking, and do a little more than basic maintenance on the site, maybe there would be more waymarkers. We'll never know if it never gets tried.

Edited by vulture1957
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1