Cannot update community celebration event

TribblesNL

Hi,

I received an community clebration event. Hurray  - but now I cannot update the location, it is stuck on the original location of N 46° 30.000' W 125° 30.000'.

Which is not in the Netherlands where it should be. If I try to save the event, I get a message "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved."

Things I already tried:

Another browser - all same. Tried with Firefox, Chrome, I.E. and MS Edge

Tried another computer - same result.

Disable NOSCRIPT - same result

Change the title of the event as I have read that long event/cache titles was a problem in the past - same result

Removed all text from the event, maybe there was an unallowed character in there - same result

I am at a loss guys, so please assist!

Unpublished CC event: https://coord.info/GC8T8EE

Knipsel.PNG

I edited the listing your requested coordinates. I also changed the T rating back to 1, from 4, as you have the wheelchair attribute -  ?this might have been the source of the problem, but that would surprise me. It throws an error, but should still save.

Your reviewer note to the page is not going to be seen by a reviewer, unless you submit the cache for review.  It's just a log on page. There's no auto-forwarding to a reviewer.

Edited by palmetto
  • Helpful 1

Hi Palmetto,

I am still not able to add additional waypoints or modify the attributes. I have added the waypoints in the description.

Can you please remove the background picture? Maybe that pic is the source of the edit-bug?!

I am going to fiddle with my GC profile, maybe that helps. Furthermore, I am getting my macbook out of the attic, maybe that beast works with this geocaching  website.

Ok, I managed it- the culprit was my default China blocklist in the router. I disabled the blocklist and I could see and edit attributes and save the event.

I guess there are some IP addressen in my blocklist that are used by GC HQ. I will dig into it and remove that IP list. For now I am happy that I can submit my Event!

Thanks Palmetto!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TribblesNL said:

default China blocklist

Eh, wot?

Is Groundspeak using software components from China?  Is the blocklist from China?  Is cookiebot* involved somehow?

(* Known troublemaker.  DISABLE cookiebot.com, enable ckeditor.com.  Groundspeak, please write a help page.)

Edited by Viajero Perdido
++info;