GPS Can't Find newly Loaded Caches

I recently replaced my most faithful Garmin 550 with a new Garmin eTrex Touch 35. This new device came preloaded with approximately 250,000 caches. However when I go to  download a new cache the eTrex does not seem to find it. All it shows me when I am on the ground and close to GZ for the new cache are the preloaded caches. I have missed out on a couple of FTF's. I can see the new cache in the GPX folder. I have tried downloading two ways, one directly to the GPS or by downloading to my computer then dragging the new cache to the GPX folder. I have checked the manual and appear to be doing things correctly. What is the problem? Also is there a way of getting rid of the preloaded caches once and for all? It shows me caches that I have already found on my old 550.  Thanks Cleo1

Already deleted the preloaded files long ago.  GPS is glitchy, the geocache files have simply "disappeared" in the past.  in the past I have been able to connect the Garmin Etrex25 to the PC and the geocaches would come up again.  This time, I had placed my GPS on a table and when I picked it up, only 11 caches would show up.  I don't see any rhyme or reason to the ones that show up, except I have found (or own)them.  I tried Garmin Express but of course that is down for the foreseeable future.  Would love to get this back up and running.  I used my phone as a backup, and have a Magellan as another backup, but that has issues of their own.  I load geocaches using GSAK from a PQ.  Would love to get the Garmin running again.  Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, EarthSciSD said:

Already deleted the preloaded files long ago.  GPS is glitchy, the geocache files have simply "disappeared" in the past.  in the past I have been able to connect the Garmin Etrex25 to the PC and the geocaches would come up again.  This time, I had placed my GPS on a table and when I picked it up, only 11 caches would show up.

How far are the caches from your location (after the GPS has a fix)?

Have you checked the filters?

48 minutes ago, EarthSciSD said:

GPS is glitchy, the geocache files have simply "disappeared" in the past.  in the past I have been able to connect the Garmin Etrex25 to the PC and the geocaches would come up again. 

So, they didn't disappear, they just were not displayed (huge difference).

What did you do when connected to PC with GE running?