Northeast Florida Campout

the federation

It looks as though Central Florida has come up with a good idea thanks Slith. This post is for information gathering purposes to see if there is enouweb pagegh interest in holding a similar event in NE Florida. We are looking at Hopkins Prarie in the Ocala Nat'l Forest. There are approxiametly 6 caches already in the area, oppurtunities for canoe cache, Florida Trail caches and Hiking and special event caches As of now we have approxiametly 5 teams ready to go. What we would like to do is be able to help other geocachers who do not have 4 wheel drive access to some caches and just a an all round good time. The area is pretty central to alot of geocachers so what do you think please post or email the

Just don't make it the same weekend as the Central Florida campout. My bet is you will get a lot of people that attend both. Count me in - Ocala is fairly close to me (in Apopka) and I am planning on the one in February here in the Orlando area. Nice to see some more activities!!! Thanks & HAPPY CACHING!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Does the walker choose the path, or the path, the walker? - Sabriel, by Garth Nix

I know the area around Hopkins Prairie pretty well, and especially the area to the south. I have visited every cache in the area, and they were all good, most require a bit of a hike, but hey, that is what we are here for.

If I have enough warning I can get off of work, and probably be able to bring a 4 wheel drive pick up to help ferry people around in, just keep me informed on what is going on.

hi everybody we seem to getting a good response to the campout. it looks like we will be staying at paynes prarie inthe ocala national forest. there are plenty of caches nearby and a few people with 4 wheel drives to help those who don't. if you have ideas on games,caches,food or anything else let us know. also help get the word out to everyone let's make this a good event. looks like end of march.

the federation

I made a error in an earlier post we will be camping at Hopkins Prarie in the Ocala National Forest THe tenative date will be Mar 22-23. we have enliste 2or 3 area cache owners who are very familair with the forest to helpus with the event. what we are looking for now when you post if you could tell us if you have 4 wheel drive capability or not. we will be needing others to help those who don't. also I will try to get the event posted in the next couple of weeks. If interested please let me know about interst of a night cache either hike or drive to cache.

turnout for camping is looking better. it looks like we are up to about 40 geocachers camping withus, we currently have 2 days worth of events planned, and lot of time for cache hunting, there are approx. 40 caches available. look forward to all being there. we will be on frs channel 2 for those seeking geocachers and we will be staying at the shanty pond campground.

the federation

boldly going where others have gone before

the event was a huge success we had over 40 geocachers present. a freelance journalist for an article on geocaching, and 4 new converts to geocaching, I appreciate all those who attended and am currently working on a geocaching extreme weekend. if interested in more details email the federation@se.rr.com

boldly going where others have gone before