I Finally Did It

Surely you've heard the joke about the numbers-driven Waymarker - "He'd even Waymark a stop sign if he could.".

I believe I read that on this forum some years back and the statement has stuck with me for some reason.

Today is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day everyone!!!

I thought it might be nice to do something a bit different to help celebrate our birthday this year so...

...today, on our country's birthday, I finally managed to legitimately Waymark a Stop Sign!!! Well, two, actually.

Keith

• Funny 3
3 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Surely you've heard the joke about the numbers-driven Waymarker - "He'd even Waymark a stop sign if he could.".

I believe I read that on this forum some years back and the statement has stuck with me for some reason.

Today is Canada Day. Happy Canada Day everyone!!!

I thought it might be nice to do something a bit different to help celebrate our birthday this year so...

...today, on our country's birthday, I finally managed to legitimately Waymark a Stop Sign!!! Well, two, actually.

Keith

I loved that line from the article : It’s to get people to stop at that intersection and pause and consider coming downtown rather than just burning on through to the 2nd Street bridge.

Happy Canada Day

38 minutes ago, Lynx Humble said:

I loved that line from the article : It’s to get people to stop at that intersection and pause and consider coming downtown rather than just burning on through to the 2nd Street bridge.

Happy Canada Day

You caught that, did You? Yes, it seems it was more about economics than it was about safety.

Happy Canada Day to you, too, LH.

Keith

Happy Canada Day, Keith!  Now, you need to go to a town small enough where they actually document rolling up the sidewalks in the evening OR have competitive watching paint dry championships.  :)  Wait, that means you're in small town Oklahoma!  (I've spent way too many evenings at my Grandmother's in the thriving metropolis of Fairland, Oklahoma!)

I guess I can't say anything bad about your stop sign, though, I waymarked a street corner near my house. -   Back of Stop Sign - LOL

1 hour ago, vulture1957 said:

new challenge -- waymark a kitchen sink. Or sliced bread.

Now Lee, that's just silly. Have you ever tried to get a slice of bread to stand up so you could take its pic?

As for the kitchen sink, somewhere in this world there must be a junk-art piece that incorporates a kitchen sink.

BTW - perchance, were you in the kitchen when you wrote that?

Keith

1 hour ago, ScroogieII said:

Now Lee, that's just silly. Have you ever tried to get a slice of bread to stand up so you could take its pic?

As for the kitchen sink, somewhere in this world there must be a junk-art piece that incorporates a kitchen sink.

BTW - perchance, were you in the kitchen when you wrote that?

Keith

no, actually I was in the bedroom.  But I was thinking that lots of people used to say "Everything, including the kitchen sink." and "Better than sliced bread, or best thing since sliced bread." So they'd make good challenges.

Edited by vulture1957
11 hours ago, vulture1957 said:

no, actually I was in the bedroom.  But I was thinking that lots of people used to say "Everything, including the kitchen sink." and "Better than sliced bread, or best thing since sliced bread." So they'd make good challenges.

The sliced bread might be a tall order, but we're looking into the possibilities of a kitchen sink right now. We'll keep you posted if we come up with something.

Keith

On 7/1/2020 at 6:37 PM, iconions said:

...go to a town small enough where they actually document rolling up the sidewalks in the evening OR have competitive watching paint dry championships...

Well, we went to the World (I think it was) chain saw carving championship last year. That can get tedious at times.

Keith