Unable to delete pocket query

Bush-Rescue

Dear wise forum users B) A friend of mine cannot delete his PQs. He tried to contact the support, but they did not understand the problem, probably because he is not that fluent in English, so I said I'd try for him ;) The support page states I should report a bug in the forums first, so here goes:

On the pocket query page there are a number of PQs which the user wants to be deleted. He marks the checkbox left of them, clicks "delete selected", the page flashes and nothing happens. The pocket queries are not scheduled to run, none of them has a marked checkbox.

System: HP Notebook 15-da0xxx,
Browser: Google Chrome;
Windows 10 Home; Version 1903;

Curious for yor opinion

Meistens bleibt die PQ noch eine Weile in der Liste. Ich weiß leider nicht wie lange. Irgendwann verschiwindet sie dann. Wahrscheinlich sobald sie nicht mehr unter "Pocket Queries Ready for Download " zu finden sind.
Nach dem Löschen müsste der Name aber durchgestrichen sein.

Most of the time, the PQ stays on the list for a while. Unfortunately I don't know how long. Then at some point it disappears. Probably as soon as they can no longer be found under "Pocket Queries Ready for Download".
After deleting, the name should be crossed out.

Windows Firefox running Tampermonkey scripts

I deleted 4 PQs successfully in the last hour.   Just noting this. 

I wonder if the deleted queries simply remain on the page for a time, as capoaira has suggested? 

You are not the first to report that the checking and bulk delete function on your PQ page did not seem to work.

Was away for a few days and therefore dropped the ball.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, kunarion said:

I tried it in Win 10 on Chrome and had no issue.  Is your friend running Chrome Extensions?

No, no extensions at all...

On 7/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, capoaira said:

Most of the time, the PQ stays on the list for a while. Unfortunately I don't know how long. Then at some point it disappears. Probably as soon as they can no longer be found under "Pocket Queries Ready for Download".
After deleting, the name should be crossed out.

Nope, as I stated in the first post the pocket queries are not scheduled to run, none of them has a marked checkbox. Also none of them is crossed out. These are old PQs therefore not needed anymore ;)

One of them hasn't run since 2018 so I seriously doubt that it is the "stays for a week"-thing that is explained under the queries...

So if I am not the first to report, but nobody seems to know more about this, how di I proceed? Ask the support again?

PQ.png

The image capture shows the Friday column in tan?  I've never seen this.   I mention it only as an anomaly, wondering if it relates somehow to the problem? image capture delete PQs page as I see it below.

When I click the delete selected button, a POP UP arises.  It has a check box,  Are you sure you want to delete 2 PQs? sometimes it offers another box - "prevent this page from creating additional dialogs (which I ignore)

Is this not happening? no pop up?

see image below

pq popup with and out.jpg

16 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

The image capture shows the Friday column in tan?  I've never seen this. 

Good catch! I know this tan column, I have it too and it comes from a script (gclh) that I am running (I can delete my PQs though...). Since the friend told me he was NOT using any scripts, it is a very good catch! I asked him if he was indeed using scripts, maybe didn't remember because he doesn't use it and what happens if he tries turning it off. And if he knows the popup. Afaik he said before he does not receive the popup in Chrome, but he does in Edge. This could indeed be connected to running a script (doesn't run in edge afaik). Only that even with the popup the page denies to delete them :huh:

Will update as soon as I get the answer :)

Update for everyone who is interested or might encounter the problem themselves:
User WAS indeed running gclh with tampermonkey (unknowingly) and could delete the PQs after disableing the script. <_< Still just a workaround to disable the script instead of everything working fine, but apparently it is a problem at the hands of the script and not geocaching.com.

Thanks for catching this (I would have believed the statement "I am not running any scripts") and good it is solved before writing to support :cute:

• Upvote 1