multicache on Garmin 66st

kapi80

4 hours ago, kapi80 said:

How can I see and navigate waypoints of a multicache on a Garmin 66st? We only see the starting point f.i. the parking

Have you completed the multi-cache before?  Possibly you will need to head to the first waypoint to find the coordinates to the second waypoint, enter the new coordinates into your GPSr,  repeat steps until you reach the final? 

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, kapi80 said:

How can I see and navigate waypoints of a multicache on a Garmin 66st? We only see the starting point f.i. the parking

Your profile says you've done multis, what did you do then ?    :)

You won't get all stages to a multi simply because you have a top-o-the-line GPSr.  You still need to go to all stages for the final.

Similar to outdoorsoccer, I'd go to  the first stage, then simply edit those waypoints for each new stage.

That's how we've done it since starting.

You could Mark for each stage, making changes to coordinates, and hit Save too, if you want to know where all stages are for the future (placing a cache maybe).

Assuming you’re talking about waypoints that are on the cache page...

It may well depend on how you load caches onto your Garmin.  I load mine (Oregon 600) from GSAK, and the waypoints are then found under: Where To? > Extras.  There are then separate lists for Parking, Physical Stages, Virtual Stages, Trailheads, etc.

• Helpful 1

Are you asking about multis where the waypoints are all visible (such as virtual ones where you have to read signs or answer questions to get digits for the final's coordinates) or ones where the coordinates of each waypoint are revealed only after you've found the preceding one?

For the former, the waypoints will appear on the map with labels that are the cache's GC code with the letters GC replaced by the waypoint's Prefix Code.

For the latter, when navigating to the listed coordinates, there will be a menu option called Enter Next Stage or something like that (I don't have a 66 and I gave away my old 62S so I can't check exactly where that option is in the menus). Alternatively you can just create a new waypoint on the GPSr and set its coordinates to the next stage. The coordinates you enter with Enter Next Stage aren't saved and are overwritten the next time you use that function, so if you anticipate revisiting the multi it might be best to create permanent waypoints.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1

Bedankt voor jullie antwoorden. In de tussentijd hebben we ontdekt dat als we de geocaches via de laptop downloaden we de waypoints wel zien, maar niet als we het rechtstreeks inladen op internet. De 66st is daar blijkbaar niet klaar voor, maar alleen voor 'losse' geocaches zoals traditionals. Dus dan pakken we de laptop er maar weer bij.

@cerberus1  Hiervoor hadden we een 60CSX, die had alleen maar de mogelijkheid om de geocaches via de laptop te downloaden en dan was het altijd zichtbaar.  De 66ST heeft de mogelijkheid om het rechtstreeks via internet in te laden, maar we hebben nog niet ontdekt waar we de waypoints dan kunnen zien. Bij  het downloaden van de GC's via de laptop gaat het wel goed.