Timing publication to coorespond to a bonus cache

SarahShift1

Hey y'all!

I'm just about done creating my Adventure Lab, and I'm setting up a bonus cache to go with it, but I'm trying to figure out timing the release so they go live at about the same time.  Does an adventure lab have any sort of reviewing/publication delay? Or does it publish immediately when I toggle it to public? 

Thanks!

Your Adventure Lab becomes publicly available in the app the second you change it from "Off" to "Public".

My recommendation is to either (a) make arrangements with your local reviewer and set a date/time for the bonus cache to be published, or (b) keep an eye on your email inbox and set it to public once the bonus gets published. 

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Hügh said:

Your Adventure Lab becomes publicly available in the app the second you change it from "Off" to "Public".

My recommendation is to either (a) make arrangements with your local reviewer and set a date/time for the bonus cache to be published, or (b) keep an eye on your email inbox and set it to public once the bonus gets published. 

Awesome, this makes things easier! I was worried about having two things going through two different review channels. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Hügh said:

Reviewer here,  I won't publish the bonus until the labs are live.  The bonus is a Mystery geocache, and must be solvable to be published.  So I say, go with option A.

I suggest write up the Mystery cache, submit, possibly with title like, CHECKING TIMING.. and in the reviewer note explain you want to coordinate release of labs with the mystery bonus publication.

Mostly I'm asking hiders to make labs live as late in the evening as they're comfortable, and I publish the bonus early the next day.

Aside, you can just hide a Traditional that advertises the Labs.  Sure seems easier.

• Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, palmetto said:

Aside, you can just hide a Traditional that advertises the Labs.  Sure seems easier.

One of the reasons for the bonus mystery cache is to reward the seeker for enduring this Adventure Lab experimental period.  The bonus reward is for completing the lab.

Edited by elyob
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
12 hours ago, palmetto said:

Reviewer here,  I won't publish the bonus until the labs are live.  The bonus is a Mystery geocache, and must be solvable to be published.  So I say, go with option A.

I suggest write up the Mystery cache, submit, possibly with title like, CHECKING TIMING.. and in the reviewer note explain you want to coordinate release of labs with the mystery bonus publication.

Mostly I'm asking hiders to make labs live as late in the evening as they're comfortable, and I publish the bonus early the next day.

Ah, of course. That makes sense.

If someone insisted on going with solution (b), they could set the Adventure to "private" (ie. accessible via the link but does not appear on the map) and link to it on the cache page. That way, the ALC can be accessed by prospective finders by clicking on the link. Once the CO notices that the bonus is live, they can change it to "Public" for player convenience.

That would also work, right?

Edited by Hügh
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Hügh said:

they could set the Adventure to "private" (ie. accessible via the link but does not appear on the map) and link to it on the cache page.

Yes, that definitely works.  

But I bet most of the time, reviewer has to explain it to CO ;-)  - disable the cache for the link edit, and at that point, could just agree to a time for publish. Though link to labs on bonus page strikes me as nice idea anyway, in the way it helps people discover Adventure Labs.

• Helpful 2