trackable map

BucklandScouts

Hello all

is there a quick way to log all the points our trackable has been to onto a map ie google earth?

(i saw there was a google earth button but nothing comes up if i click it, it just saves a file i cannot open)

i want to be able to show my scouts a map with the route our trackable has been on.

kind regards

Ben

i don't know why i missed that! 

thank you very much, i will try and get them into a presentation for the scouts,

unfortunately 2 of the 5 trackables we released are now missing and one of them was "collected" on the first visit, i will have to release some more for the scouts now people are out caching again, 

thanks again for the help.

Ben

3 hours ago, BucklandScouts said:

unfortunately 2 of the 5 trackables we released are now missing and one of them was "collected" on the first visit, i will have to release some more for the scouts now people are out caching again, 

If me, the first thing I'd do is change them to "not collectible".  :) 

We noticed all free promotion trackables have "not collectibleas the default now.

- Or, just leave them alone if it has the default "The owner hasn't set their collectible preference." 

"Collectible" is usually when you plan to place that trackable (coins mostly) into a collection

If you look at log options on your trackable's page, "move to collection" should be one.   We use numismatic binders for ours.

A collection removes those trackables from your geocache Found It log dropdown.

New members, as well as long-time players don't understand this term, and think you have a trackable they can keep.  "Collect me"...

If some knucklehead has the intestinal fortitude to send an adoption request sometime, you pretty-much know who "borrowed" it.

Edited by cerberus1
a you...
  • Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

If me, the first thing I'd do is change them to "not collectible".  :) 

We noticed all free promotion trackables have "not collectibleas the default now.

- Or, just leave them alone if it has the default "The owner hasn't set their collectible preference." 

"Collectible" is usually when you plan to place that trackable (coins mostly) into a collection

If you look at log options on your trackable's page, "move to collection" should be one.   We use numismatic binders for ours.

A collection removes those trackables from your geocache Found It log dropdown.

New members, as well as long-time players don't understand this term, and think you have a trackable they can keep.  "Collect me"...

If some knucklehead has the intestinal fortitude to send an adoption request sometime, you pretty-much know who "borrowed" it.

I learn something new every day here! Never knew this.  Thanks for this informative post!