Travel Bug Thieves

INTIMIDAT3R

I've read throughout this forum about the Travel Bug "Collectors".

Let's call them what they are, Travel Bug Thieves.

I'm surprised more people don't call these thieves out, at events or otherwise. Maybe a little public shaming would do them some good.

At the very least, these people should have contacted the original TB parents and asked if it was OK to adopt them and take them out of circulation.

I would have gladly given permission to the person(s) responsible for stealing my TB's, as long as they had reached their destinations beforehand.

Edited by INTIMIDAT3R
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

I've read throughout this forum about the Travel Bug "Collectors".

Let's call them what they are, Travel Bug Thieves.

I'm surprised more people don't call these thieves out, at events or otherwise. Maybe a little public shaming would do them some good.

Unless you saw the person take a trackable, how would you know who to "call out" ?

This is one of the reasons we're happy to see pmo cache audits gone.  CO's publicly claiming the wrong person stole their hide...

I see you haven't attended any events yourself yet.     :)

If you did, you'd see there's a few who "call them out".  I've done it as well.  When we know what the heck we're talking about...

We haven't seen hoarders attend events for some time.  Glares and silence when they're around give 'em the hint.

But "Visit" hoarders, those people who "took it to" other people's property for months/years on end have had folks say something at events.

- Probably why they're not attending much now either... 

The last time someone handed me one of those sheets of trackable codes  at an event , saying ' I got trackables for Discover if anyone wants to", the first thing I asked was "Are these yours ?" in front of everyone.

People moved away from him  like a fart in church.  So yeah, it happens, you just haven't seen it yet.    ;)

• Love 2

This whole corona virus thing has gotten me back into geocaching. That's when I noticed my TB's had been stolen.

Now work needs to slow down a little and stop working me on weekends so I have more time to do it.

I'm hoping to attend the event coming up in July in Waverly, Iowa.

If I were to go to one of these events and I see one of my TB's, is it permissible to repo it?

31 minutes ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

This whole corona virus thing has gotten me back into geocaching. That's when I noticed my TB's had been stolen.

Now work needs to slow down a little and stop working me on weekends so I have more time to do it.

I'm hoping to attend the event coming up in July in Waverly, Iowa.

If I were to go to one of these events and I see one of my TB's, is it permissible to repo it?

If it's yours, it's yours. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

The odds of any trackables like yours out there,  sure, but I don't see why someone would just carry it around.  Not getting logged... 

I'd be sure to smile and say, "Oh thanks, someone found it !  That's awesome !  Don't forget to log it to the event." though.  :D

• Funny 1