Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
16bitmap

Setting up Geocaching route EINDHOVEN

Hello Everyone,

Over the last few weeks we, at Sintlucas, have been trying out ideas for our next year introduction plans for our new students. We are coming from the game art and game development course of the school so everything we do needs to have something to do with games. Now that the covid virus has hit us hard we can't stay inside. It's too much of a risk but also a hasstle. Also the students are inside for the most part of their day so it's nice to get them out in the open! For next years introduction we planned to set out a geocaching - sight seeing - treasure hunt kind of tour. In the area of our school there are some caches to find. (I've been looking around for a bit myself) But we want to set some caches up close to the hotspots for our students. 
Since they are working with tech and combining it with being outside and moving around we thought geocaching would be ideal for them. 

Now I have done some research on how to set up a cache, I took the test and read the manuals and now everything is clear. There is one problem left for me. The validation of the caches. I have no clue how long it would take to get a cache validated and approved in our area. We are thinking about setting up around about 4 caches in our neighbourhood. We are in the Strijp-S section of Eindhoven city.

If there is anyone who could shed a light on this subject or help me figure out a way to validate the caches rather quickly (it's not until august that they need to be there). That would be amazing!
I hope to hear from anyone of you soon!

Thanks a lot,
Job

Posted (edited)

If your area is already cleared from COVID-19 limitations, usually a new cache is published within 7 days from submission, but precisely because the mentioned limitations, your local reviewers may have some caches waiting and may take some time more.

The caches are not "validated", instead they are reviewed according to the guidelines.

Your cache need to be available to all the public (not only for your college students, by instance) and need to be 161m away from any physical stage of any other caches already on the terrain. According to this, you may submit a new cache with a "reviewer note" asking if a given spot is available, or not. Like this you can save a lot of time, before you hide the container in location.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
  • Helpful 2

4 hours ago, 16bitmap said:

Now I have done some research on how to set up a cache, I took the test and read the manuals and now everything is clear.

There is one problem left for me. The validation of the caches. I have no clue how long it would take to get a cache validated and approved in our area. We are thinking about setting up around about 4 caches in our neighbourhood. We are in the Strijp-S section of Eindhoven city.

If there is anyone who could shed a light on this subject or help me figure out a way to validate the caches rather quickly (it's not until august that they need to be there). That would be amazing!
I hope to hear from anyone of you soon!

Good info from RuideAlmeida.     Guess you're using a phone.   You feel everything you've read to date is clear...   :)

Have you checked your area ("strip-s section...") for all/any caches that might already be there ?

As a basic member, you aren't able to see mystery, Wherigo, and a few other cache types on your phone.

- You'd need to find them by using the website.   Premium member-only caches an issue to.     

Have that all factored in already ?  

Having your caches published is the easy part, if everything met guidelines.

Be sure to explain to your Reviewer about certain times/dates.  They'd like some notice, and you may need to factor in issues too.

• Helpful 1

On 6/23/2020 at 4:54 PM, cerberus1 said:

Good info from RuideAlmeida.     Guess you're using a phone.   You feel everything you've read to date is clear...   :)

Have you checked your area ("strip-s section...") for all/any caches that might already be there ?

As a basic member, you aren't able to see mystery, Wherigo, and a few other cache types on your phone.

- You'd need to find them by using the website.   Premium member-only caches an issue to.     

Have that all factored in already ?  

Having your caches published is the easy part, if everything met guidelines.

Be sure to explain to your Reviewer about certain times/dates.  They'd like some notice, and you may need to factor in issues too.

I havent checked on the premium member caches. I am planning to go for premium in the holiday so I can try to find some premium ones and also check if it's not too busy around the area. Good tip Thanks!
I'll also check the website for any caches that I missed when previously venturing there. 

Thanks for all the tips! I will also keep in mind the  "reviewer note" part. That seems quite a smart thing to do! 

• Upvote 1