Import Urwigo lua back into Urwigo

OscarKelk

I have recently been working on trying to get source code from a .gwc file to update it (The original source code has been lost). I have managed to get the media and the urwigo lua file. Is there any way I can get this lua file imported back into urwigo? It seems like it's in the wrong format.

To my knowledge, Urwigo can only import lua files in Groundspeak's builder's format.  If you need to do some minor tweaking, you might be able to get that builder to open the lua file.

If you're the cartridge's owner, you should have been able to pull the original GWZ by temporarily enabling your cartridge's open source settings.  Even still, that won't give you the original Urwigo file because Uwrigo doesn't tend to package its own files with the GWZ.  (I've always wanted that feature.)

Following on this topic (and apologies if it has been discussed before, but I have trawled the threads) ...

I own a Wherigo cartridge that was originally programmed on Urwigo.

I have lost the original .urwigo file.

I need to change some text that is displayed in the Wherigo and alter one waypoint point coordinate.

I have the GWZ file.

I have unzipped it and I have tried to read the .lua file in notepad (I am no programmer - I think this may be obvious now).

I think I have managed to change the coordinates.

It looks like the various text/description boxes are coded with numbers.

eg: 014\072\102\037\022\033\037\022\033\037\059\122\033\060\055\006\033\056\034\033\059\102\006\033

Is there an easier way to edit the GWZ file?

Or is there a way I can read text descriptions in the .lua file?

Jo

On 7/4/2021 at 9:30 AM, chooknchunk said:

Following on this topic (and apologies if it has been discussed before, but I have trawled the threads) ...

I own a Wherigo cartridge that was originally programmed on Urwigo.

I have lost the original .urwigo file.

I need to change some text that is displayed in the Wherigo and alter one waypoint point coordinate.

I have the GWZ file.

I have unzipped it and I have tried to read the .lua file in notepad (I am no programmer - I think this may be obvious now).

I think I have managed to change the coordinates.

It looks like the various text/description boxes are coded with numbers.

eg: 014\072\102\037\022\033\037\022\033\037\059\122\033\060\055\006\033\056\034\033\059\102\006\033

Is there an easier way to edit the GWZ file?

Or is there a way I can read text descriptions in the .lua file?

Jo

There should be a byte palette in that same file. Consider that "palette" a zero-based array. Use your above string as a sequence of indexes to the palette array. Lookup in the palette the transformation. \014 is the 14th item in the palette. I might be over simplifying it, but that's the general idea. I have software that does the job for me.