Map Bug-Icons disappearing?

Crow-T-Robot

I've noticed that when I'm looking at the map(using the "Search Geocaches" option vs "Browse Geocaches" option), if I zoom in to the 1 mile (2 km) level (or closer), the multicache, letterbox hybrid, virtual and earthcache icons disappear. The other cache type icons are still visible. Zooming back out to the two mile (and further distance) and the icons reappear. 

I'm using whatever is the latest version of Chrome at home and at work and I've noticed the same issue on both computers.

I just logged in using the Edge browser and I'm getting the same issue. I don't have Firefox installed at work, so I don't know if it happens with that browser.  

Doing a little more investigating, it may not be a map bug more than an "Ignore List" bug. I just randomly looked at a map around Seattle and those Multi/LBX/EC, etc. icons all display fine, up to the closest zoom level. When I click on any of the icons that disappear in Wisconsin, those listings show as being on my ignore list. I just looked at my ignore list and there are a TON of caches on there that I never added to my ignore list.

But that raises the question of why a cache on an ignore list would display at ANY zoom level on the map?