Gallery

FaiRwoodWest

10 minutes ago, FaiRwoodWest said:

I want to clean up my gallery of unwanted, duplicates and photos posted for the cachers to see, but I don't want them in my gallery.   I used to be able to "right click" and delete, but now the option isn't available.

FairwoodWest

I click on the log associated with the image. Click on edit image. Then delete. You will be asked for a reason, if I remember correctly.

Delete gallery image..png

Delete gallery image from log.png

Delete gallery image 3.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I click on the log associated with the image. Click on edit image. Then delete. You will be asked for a reason, if I remember correctly.

Delete gallery image..png

Delete gallery image from log.png

Delete gallery image 3.png

i think he want's them in the log still, just out of his gallery

OP: Impossible.

I'd do @Max & 99's method, then add a link to the photo in the other logs

1 minute ago, FaiRwoodWest said:

Yes, I want them on the log, not gallery.  Some of my gallery photo are duplicates, screen shots or trees.   It makes me look silly and Geocaching.com does not what they are doing!

FairwoodWest

as i said, impossible

I have the same thing happening in my gallery. Sometimes 2 or three of the same image. I see the main log, where it shows view log and print image. But the duplicated all just say print image. It does not give me an option to delete those. Did something specific happen on the site. I have a friend that had it happen to them as well. 

With Max and 99's option, that would take the pic off the log, and out of the gallery. There would not be a link to the actual cache page. The duplicates and triplicates of the image only have the "print image" option. I right clicked on those pics, and clicked inspect. It brought up a whole lot of computer gibberish, but did not see an option to delete there. I did notice it originally had a field that showed a red error. One showed it had one error, and the other had three. I don't want to fuss around in that portion of it, as I do not want to totally screw up a cache log. 

I believe this a bug report and should be moved to that sub-forum . Take a look at the RedHotRutabaga gallery - at the bottom of the current page 1, and into 2 there are multiples of 2 images. On his log, I see only one.  https://coord.info/GLYWC0CB 

As "not the log owner", I see no option to delete, but more critically,  multiple images don't appear with the log, only in the gallery.  Below an image he's posted to a log once, that appears twelve times in his gallery. I see another like it from the same date 6 June, 2019.

image repeat.jpg

On 7/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, Isonzo Karst said:

Below an image he's posted to a log once, that appears twelve times in his gallery.

Doesn't has to be a bug.

Pictures included with logs for a TB appear in the users gallery. They do not include a link to the log. Maybe that's also the case here.

Look eg at this users gallery and you see lots of duplicate pictures this user is using multiple times for visit logs.

Edited by Hynz