Travel Bug Newbie Question

MarkJ913

Hi everyone.  I recently purchased some travel bugs and set one out with a hitchhiker and a goal (TB9G9PY).  The page for this trackable says it is "in the hands of the owner".  I have placed it into the "Welcome to Kennewick" cache (GC73X4F) and left a note in that cache's log that the travel bug is there, as well as on the trackable page.  At what time will the trackable page say that it is in this cache?  Will someone else have to find it and log it also, or does someone periodically update the trackable page? 

Thanks!

It appears you "posted a note" when you should have selected the log "Dropped Off".

Website: To do this go to "log geocache" for (GC73X4F). Since you already found it, then "post a note" and say something like "TB Drop". Then select "drop trackable".

Let me know if you need to know how to do it from the app.

It took me a bit to figure this out when I was new to:)

• Helpful 1

Thanks--worked for the web page; the status now says it's in that cache.  I hope it still is--someone visited yesterday after I left the cache and maybe took it, though they didn't say so in the log.  I will go check tomorrow morning; it's only a couple of miles from my house.  I'll see if I can figure it out on the app too.

11 hours ago, MarkJ913 said:

Thanks--worked for the web page; the status now says it's in that cache. 

I hope it still is--someone visited yesterday after I left the cache and maybe took it, though they didn't say so in the log. 

I will go check tomorrow morning; it's only a couple of miles from my house.  I'll see if I can figure it out on the app too.

Glad it worked out.  Realize that once it left your hands, you no longer have any control on it. 

Don't make yourself nervous "wondering" already...  :)

Curious... did you post the trackable, showing it's code to the gallery ?

I didn't see any, but the Discover logs before your first action on the trackable seem to say so.   

Fakers logging from faceboook maybe, the  trackable "rehab dr " on a lot of trackables never seen.

Your question was pretty basic, so in case you missed it, everything you might need to know about trackables, in the Help Center.

Originally I posted the code, not knowing better.  Then I revised the post to just have the tracking number, and deleted the photo that showed the code.  I checked the cache yesterday and the travel bug was still there.  I put it in a plastic baggie to preserve the little trinket hitchhiker.  Hopefully someone will wander by, find it, and start it on its journey to Japan.

Thanks for your help and advice!