Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
terratin

...put masses of caches in ignore list

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Censored. Cache owner doesn't deserve exposure like this, and I'm sure lots of people enjoy them. It's a huge pile pf mysteries in an area I might travel to. Don't want to ignore all mysteries, but just all those those few hundred from this series.

 

I honestly have better things to do than to click on I don't know how many caches to ignore them. Is there an easy way to do this? there's no bookmark list that holds them all :(

Edited by terratin
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

If they say something about mystery in the type of cache maybe just don't bother looking. But if the mystery is  not known until you look at the cache page , I am clueless. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

If they say something about mystery in the type of cache maybe just don't bother looking. But if the mystery is  not known until you look at the cache page , I am clueless. 

 

I don't mind doing a few interesting mysteries. But I want these off the map to a) see other caches better and b) I'm not doing special tool required/angling/etc caches on vacation anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh great. I think I killed geocaching. So I started putting a few on the ignore list. Refreshed the map to see whether I got all. And now the map won't load anymore. Just a grey, empty space.

Share this post


Link to post

GSAK will permit you to add all caches in a particular filter to your ignore list.  So if you have or are willing to get GSAK, then you could get all the Mystery caches by this owner into GSAK.

From there in a single operation add to your Ignore List.    I don't know what, if any, the limit is on number of caches on Ignore.  

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

And now it gets more and more curious! When I change the map preference I get the message that I need to sign in first. But my username and/or pwd are wrong. Refresh: and it works again. Rinse and repeat upon changing maps again.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

GSAK will permit you to add all caches in a particular filter to your ignore list.  So if you have or are willing to get GSAK, then you could get all the Mystery caches by this owner into GSAK.

From there in a single operation add to your Ignore List.    I don't know what, if any, the limit is on number of caches on Ignore.  

 

 

Yeah, that's the easiest thing. I do prefer the look of the various mapping options on gc though for trip planning. I might move them all manually if the website works again.

Share this post


Link to post

  I was playing with  getting a cache on ignore from GSAK. It worked, and it logged me out ;-)  So i logged back in,  "But my username and/or pwd are wrong".  So on take 2 of log back in, I got logged in.  Went to ignore list, edited cache to remove it. 

And now I'm logged out again ;-)

 

I'll go play with this some more, and maybe post a Bug report if it's still happening in an hour or.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

  I was playing with  getting a cache on ignore from GSAK. It worked, and it logged me out ;-)  So i logged back in,  "But my username and/or pwd are wrong".  So on take 2 of log back in, I got logged in.  Went to ignore list, edited cache to remove it. 

And now I'm logged out again ;-)

 

I'll go play with this some more, and maybe post a Bug report if it's still happening in an hour or.

 

Ha, looks like I'm not the only one then. Wasn't me, I promise! (I hope :tongue:)

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I just fiddled with it more, got logged out at every step, and went ahead with bug report. It's in the website forum.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

GSAK will permit you to add all caches in a particular filter to your ignore list.  So if you have or are willing to get GSAK, then you could get all the Mystery caches by this owner into GSAK.

From there in a single operation add to your Ignore List.    I don't know what, if any, the limit is on number of caches on Ignore.  

 

I would sure be nice if GSAK ran on a Mac without installing additional software and jumping through hoops.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I do use gask for this and that. Under some circumstances this might include trip planning, like easily filtering a huge pile of caches for either of the hiking symbols. But for a first planning I prefer the geocaching website or projectGC for the variety of mapping options. Never been to a place before with something of a power trail of angling caches though.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, terratin said:

Don't want to ignore all mysteries, but just all those those few hundred from this series.

 

Do they have the same (or close) 'Placed Date' to allow some filtering. eg Search placed before *Date* and then search placed after *Date*

The new search allows you to set filters. Maybe exclude Mysteries, then search Mysteries with date options?

A bit long winded, but may be a quicker option?

 

Other option is GSAK to exclude caches by Owner...

 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Bear and Ragged said:

 

Other option is GSAK to exclude caches by Owner...

 

 

Would you be able to point me to some online instruction on how to exclude caches by Owners on GSAK. I'd like to exclude multiple owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, L0ne.R said:

instruction on how to exclude caches by Owners on GSAK

Filter for the caches to ignore. Then run this macro: BulkIgnoreFilter (click here)

 

Hans

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, HHL said:

Filter for the caches to ignore. Then run this macro: BulkIgnoreFilter (click here)

 

Hans

 

Thank you. I'll have a look. Hopefully I can figure out filters. This could be very useful for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

Hopefully I can figure out filters

When in doubt - just hit the question mark that comes with every dialogue in GSAK. The help itself is interactive.

For short: https://gsak.net/help/hs4800.htm

 

Hans

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, terratin said:

Oh great. I think I killed geocaching. So I started putting a few on the ignore list. Refreshed the map to see whether I got all. And now the map won't load anymore. Just a grey, empty space.

the trails map never works for me

Edited by RedGuy11
edit: it works fine on the app

Share this post


Link to post

Just as an update: I put all the nearly 500 caches into an ignore list, one by one. And the whole series will be archived shortly. SIGH! :antenna:

  • Funny 2
  • Surprised 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...